Emerald Green

"Liv, wake up. It's already 10 am." He spoke, stroking her hair out her face.

"Hmm? I want to sleep." She groaned and buried her face in her pillow.

"The nurses said you couldn't sleep all day. Plus, I need to talk to you about last night."

Her eyes opened at that statement and she scooted back so she could look at him.

"I don't want you to think that that's how it's going to be okay? Yelling and fighting. I won't pull that again. I won't tell you to leave anymore."

"Don't say things you don't mean." Sniffles came from her nose and her eyes wouldn't meet his.

"I don't want to hurt you. I know I didn't show that good last night but I swear I don't want to be the cause of your pain. Emotional or physical. I'm not the guys that raped you."

There was that word. She cringed when he said it. Learning how to deal with that, the memories- it was hard enough. She didn't want him saying it now. Not after last night.

"I will never make you do anything you don't want to do. Not if it'll hurt you. I'll do whatever I have to do to prove that to you, baby. I don't want you to be afraid of me too."

She didn't respond verbally. She just nodded and got out of bed.

This was going to be harder than he had hoped.

He followed her after sometime. She was sitting at the bar in the kitchen. Flipping through a magazine was where her attention was.

"What do you want for breakfast?" He smiled

"Nothing." She didn't even look up, she just flipped another page.

"Liv, you have to eat a little something. I can make you a smoothie or-"

"Elliot, I said nothing. I'm not hungry."

"What about the little one inside you?"

"Don't worry about it. It's inside me, not you." She got down from the stool and made her way to the fridge where she grabbed a bottle of water from.

Walking to the cupboard, she reached up to grab a cup. The unsteadiness of her fragile body made her knock down some of the cups, including a glass one.

"Shut up you WHORE!" He yelled "Shut up!"

He grabbed an empty bottle of vodka and threw it at the wall beside her. She ducked it with her arms covering her head and continued to scream. Another bottle. She crawled away from it without stopping her screams and sobs. The glass shattered everywhere. On the mattress, on the floor, on her.

"Liv, get up. I'll clean up the glass." He knelt down in front of her and tried to move her hands off of the floor and out the glass. But as soon as he touched her she screamed.

"NO! No, don't touch me! Get off! Get off!" She screamed and slapped him.

"Liv!" Pure shock was the only reason he rose his voice in this situation as she kept trying to attack him. When she grabbed a piece of glass and lifted it into the air, she left him no choice but to grab her wrists to prevent her from stabbing him with it. "Liv, Liv! It's okay. Let go of the glass."