Better

LIVS POV

Elliot was right.

I woke up around 4 am. Usually, that would be normal, but not anymore. I couldn't go in, so I had nothing to really do.

I went to my thoughts.

I had been here, with Elliot, for over two months. I haven't had a panic attack since that bad one- so a week maybe. I had practically moved in by now and he didn't seem to mind, in fact, I think he liked the idea of me staying with him. I'm content with how it is, but I want more. With him.

I picked up my new phone. I hadn't actually been on it a lot, so there were a bunch of messages. A bunch from the expected. I replied to a few recent ones. Then I saw some from someone I hadn't expected: Brian.

'I miss you' 'You really left me for him? Slut.' 'I know you miss me' 'you got what you deserved' 'liar'
'You really couldn't talk back to me?' 'Who just stands there when being confronted?' 'Come back we can have fun. Don't tell your boy toy'

What? Did he really say that, but...he misses me? What is wrong with this guy? Why does he feel the need to bother me. How can he say those things and still want me to go back to him.

I put my phone down before I got too caught up in those thoughts. I looked towards Elliot. Lately he looked so peaceful sleeping, which made me feel better. I was still stressing him, but not to the severity as before. I let myself get caught up in good thoughts.

I looked back at my phone. 6:39 am. I started to get up, but his arms wrapped around me. "Elliot let me take a shower real quick." I laughed, not fighting it. He held me tighter as I laughed and curled into him.

"I told you you'd be up early" he mumbled into my skin, which made me laugh again.

It only took a couple minutes for him to begin softly snoring again. I laid in his arms for awhile longer, then tried to get up again. This time was successful.

I jumped in the shower and made myself turn on some cold water. I didn't have any flashbacks while in there. When I stepped out, however, I happened to glance in the mirror. My body had soft pink scars on it. Some were fading, but I still noticed each one.

I closed my eyes tight, trying to force the memories to stop. I put on some shorts and a tank top under my robe and walked out to an empty bed. I smiled at the smell of eggs and walked to the kitchen.

ELLIOTS POV

I smiled as I turned around and saw Olivia walking out the bedroom. Her hair damp from her shower. Her robe wasn't tied tight yet it was loose enough that I could still see glimpses of the shorts and top she was wearing. She looked beautiful.

"Well good morning." I chuckled as she sat at the island.

"Good morning." She smiled "What did you make?"

"Hmm since your appetite isn't strong I decided to go with some basic omelets. Cheese, ham, green peppers. Not too much." I said as I gave her a plate with one.

She smiled and started to eat. I was surprised when she only left a small portion of it uneaten on the plate. She took her pain medicine and looked at me "Do you want me to wash the dishes? I haven't really done anything lately."

"No. You're good- just relax. That's something you haven't done in years!" I laughed thinking of how hard and dedicated she was to her job "Hey, when do you go back anyways?"

"I've been out for a little over two months, so I was hoping to round it and go after the three month mark." She smiled shyly "I shouldn't be on the pain meds anymore by then and I should be better than I am now...but I can go back sooner so I can help pay for stuff or help out with something."