The News

LIVS POV

I woke up the next morning still on top of him. I laid there in the silence, stroking his arm as he slept. I picked up my phone 6:33 am.

At one I have an appointment with Lindstorm, but after that nothing else was planned for today. I slipped out from his hands and went to the kitchen to make coffee.

I sat staring out the window while sipping on my coffee. I stood and began making my way to the sink to really look out the window. Staring at the sky with the sun rising. The soft colors of the sky. The little clouds with bursts of color. It was peaceful to watch.

I heard him walking out the bedroom before I felt his hand on the small of my back. "Would you like to see some of the kids a little early? It would just be Liz, Kathleen, and Mo." He asked keeping his voice low.

I turned my head "They wanted to see us before the dinner?" He nodded "Of course I would, I love them..Were you scared I was gonna say no? You know I would never make you stay away from your kids." I said as he wrapped his arms around my waist and sat his chin on my shoulder. I knew that wasn't what was wrong, but I wasn't even ready to mention the real problem.

I let him stay there- not bothering him with my words.

He kissed my ear bringing me out of my thoughts "They want to meet at a café. After your appointment, if that's alright with you." He said as I nodded.

"I'm gonna go shower then. Maybe we can walk to the café?" I asked watching his eyes grow wider.

"You want to walk? It's two blocks away are you sure because we don't have to, Liv."

"I know, but I have to make mysel-" she was cut off by a knock at the door and froze. They didn't get visitors often, and if they did Elliot knew beforehand.

I looked over at him for confirmation and he nodded towards the room where I immediately went to hide. I sat down in the closet of the dark room and used the clothes to hide myself.

All of that help and therapy for nothing. I was still terrified at a knock and no later than when I saw Elliots confused face did the memories start flooding back. I curled up and tried to breathe quietly.

ELLIOTS POV

I waited a couple moments after she went to the room before going towards the door. The knocking grew louder. I looked through the peephole and was surprised to see Barba standing there.

"Barba?" I asked opening the door.

"Yes, hello Elliot. Is Olivia here? I need to tell you all something that may not be good." He said looking around the room in search of Olivia.

"Yeah let me go get her." I said going to the room. I walked in slowly and flicked the lights since her breathing was probably blocking her from hearing my voice, and to let her know it was me. We had agreed to do that after her one bad panic attack.

She emerged from the closet hesitantly "Who's at the door?" She asked rubbing her arms.
"It's Barba." She looked confused then nervous and followed me out to the living room.

"Sorry about that, here she is." I said as we sat on the couch in front of him on the loveseat.

He sighed "It's about Lewis. He uh- he got 10 years with parole and a chance of leaving early with good behavior." He said looking at the floor.

"No." Liv breathed

"He shouldn't get out early, but if he does they'll notify you."