Thirty Three

"Seriously, go to sleep right now or I'll whack you both in the head." Hwall threatened, holding up Haknyeon's club. 

Haknyeon and Youngjae's eyes widened and frantically shook their heads as they scrambled onto bed and pulled their blankets over their head. Hwall put down the club and sighed. A chuckled made him turn. He glared at Hyunjae who looked at him innocently.

"Hey, I tried to help." Hyunjae held up a bottle of wine.

"By making them consume alcohol?" Hwall quirked his eyebrow.

"Alcohol makes one sleepy."

"And achieve a huge headache in the morning after." Hwall deadpanned. Hyunjae shrugged.

"I guess it differs from person to person. Good night~~" Hyunjae said as he left, sliding the door shut behind him. 

He kept swirling the bottle as he walked back to his room. As he was taking a gulp, he squinted his eyes at a figure slouched down beside the wall. 

He took his time observing Chanhee who seemed to be drawing figures with a stick and mumbling to himself. He smiled in amusement when Chanhee let out a particular "Aish!" out of frustration. He took a sip of his wine and sat down to continue looking at Chanhee. A serene smile never leaving his face. 

It was when Chanhee threw his stick angrily and that stick hit Hyunjae, Chanhee finally noticed him. 

"Oh! I'm sorry. Are you okay?" Chanhee scrambled to him and cupped his face, trying to inspect him. Hyunjae held Chanhee's hands on his face and smiled up at him.

"I'm fine." He said. 

"You sure?" Chanhee asked, worriedly. Hyunjae rubbed his eyes, squinting a bit.

"No, I'm not. I think I got stabbed with that thin branch. Mind treating my wounds?" Hyunjae said, sarcastically. Chanhee eyerolled and slapped his arms.

"Shut up." He muttered and stood up. Hyunjae laughed and got up, too.

"What are you doing out here? I though you were going to bed early?" Hyunjae asked, dusting Chanhee's shoulders. Chanhee avoided eye contact and fiddled with his fingers.

"Just wanted to clear my head a bit." He replied. Hyunjae tilted his head at him. 

"What happened?" He asked. He put on a reassuring smile when Chanhee looked at him. Chanhee sighed. 

"I argued with Sunwoo."

"Well, that is brand new information!" Hyunjae teased and received a glare. 

"Sorry, sorry. Continue." Hyunjae said, pressing his lips shut. 

"He asked me about something and I avoided answering it. Then I confronted him about something and it got a bit serious and.... and I left." Chanhee confessed. Hyunjae jutted his bottom lips out as he looked at Chanhee thoughtfully.

"So, both of you did not answer each other's complaints?" He concluded. Chanhee's eyes wandered up as he thought to himself. He pouted and nodded.

Hyunjae found himself cooing at that simple gesture. Then, he cleared his throat as he tried to compose himself. 

"Both of you got heads that are harder to change than mountains." Chanhee scowled at Hyunjae's remark.

"You just admit you didn't respond to his question and that he didn't respond to yours. What was he asking, by the way?" Hyunjae asked, taking a swig from his wine bottle. He looked at the wine bottle and strangely got reminded of Professor Hoseok. He shuddered at the thought.