Sixty One

The nine Hwarangs bowed down in front of the Emperor. Namjoon and Jungkook stood by them with a solemn gaze. 

Chanhee glanced at Sunwoo beside him worriedly. He still had the blade in his body, afraid if they pulled it out, he would bleed out uncontrollably. So, they snapped the blade shorter. Sunwoo said he was fine as they were bandaging him up. 

But they all knew he wasn't. 

He wasn't going to be fine. 

"You have all done well. You have all contributed to this country. This country and I thank you." Yoongi let out a sigh, "During this battle, some of your comrades have fallen. Let us pray for them and may they rest in peace." 

A short silence ensured to mourn the dead. 

But Chanhee could hear the small whimpers from Sunwoo. He glanced at the stab wound and winced when he saw Sunwoo's flesh pigmenting green. The imoogi orb were slowly but surely taking effect. It was steady since it wasn't stabbed right at the heart. 

"And.... you three fellows." Yoongi turned to Taeyong, Renjun and Yuta who were standing far behind them. 

Renjun hid behind Yuta while Taeyong looked up at the Emperor right in the eyes with not a hint of fear. He had already lost his everything. What more to be afraid of?

"Thank you for assisting Hwarang in their quest. I realize you have suffered as much damage as we did. You will be rewarded generously."

"Reward?" Taeyong scoffed, "We don't need it."

"Namjoon predicted you'd say that. Then, I'd expect you'd want to return home?" 

"My home......" Taeyong spoke, is no longer, he thought. His home had disappeared the moment his bond with Doyoung had broken.  

"I hope you would accompany us back to Hae Baragi to check up on your conditions. I trust that you are capable but we want to make sure. We will sent you to the port the next day." Namjoon said. 

Taeyong looked back at Yuta who nodded in agreement. Renjun continued to back hug Yuta and hide his face. 

"That's a plan." Taeyong accepted. 

Later, the nine Hwarangs and the three gumihos embarked on their journey back to Hae Baragi with Jungkook in the lead. Namjoon stayed back with the Emperor due to things to be discussed. 

The two walked back into the throne room. Namjoon internally flinched at the sight on the throne while Yoongi had a proud smirk on. 

"I didn't expect this from the Lee brothers." Namjoon remarked. Yoongi nodded in agreement. 

"They must have suffered a lot more than others. After all, he was their own Father." 

What was left on the throne was a bloodied body of a man, barely alive. His hands were stabbed onto the throne's golden arm and daggers stabbed right through his thighs, pinning him down onto the seat mercilessly. His fingers flinched out of control.

The royal scroll containing the command of enthronement was forced into his mouth, saliva and blood dripping down his chin. The man was dirtied and filthy in all kinds of disgusting ways. 

But despite the physical punishments he had received, the worst was the mental blow to his ego. That was his last straw, driving Minister lee to go mad. 

Yoongi and Namjoon watched as Young Oh (Emperor's bodyguard) took away the scroll in his mouth and discarded it. Minister Lee stared at the Emperor with empty, blank eyes. 

Then, he laughed, eyes bulgy with madness. He cackled hysterically and stopped. His mouth was still dripping blood. He moved his lips but no words came out.