Two

"Sunwoo-yah! I'm hungry!!!!!"

Sunwoo peeked outside to see Moon Hyungseo with his quiver which he expects is full of painting stuff. It was now dark at night.

"Sure, have a seat. I'll whip up something." Sunwoo grinned at him. Hyungseo gave a thumbs-up and sat down the bench.

Hyungseo was another friend Sunwoo acquired while struggling through his poverty. It's sad to say but both of them found comfort in each other as they were both broke. Hyungseo was a struggling artist who drew paintings for everyone. For a price, of course. Although poor, Hyungseo took pride in his painting abilities. Sunwoo dare say that if not for the bone rank system in the country, Hyungseo would have done pretty well.

"Here you go." Sunwoo placed a table full of food for Hyungseo. Hyungseo clapped in delight.

"You won't believe what I witnessed today." Hyungseo said, gobbling up his food.

"What?"

"Just today, I was walking by the stream near the mountain. You know, trying to conjure up my artistic spirit and such. And I swear, I'm not bluffing! But I saw him!" Hyungseo stared at Sunwoo right in the eye as if daring him to prove him wrong.

"Saw who?" Sunwoo backed up a bit, afraid Hyungseo might spit at him in excitement. Hyungseo's eyes twinkled so innocently.

"A gumiho." Hyungseo whispered and swallowed his meat. Sunwoo blinked a few times then laughed.

"Hyung, gumihos aren't real." He laughed. Hyungseo frowned at that.

"Then are you saying I'm lying?" He glared at Sunwoo who held up both his hands to deny it.

"No, no. But what makes you so sure he's a gumiho?"

Hyungseo chewed on his food for a while and seemed like he was reminiscing the memory.

"He had orange hair."

"Orange?"

"Yep."

"Are you sure it's not just the sunlight blinding you?"

Hyungseo pressed his lips into a thin line.

"I know what I saw." He said and continued eating. Sunwoo shook his head and gave up on the conversation. Gumihos were famous, of course. Sunwoo heard of them since childhood. But there were only rumours of sighting those creatures and any news of them was not good.

"Delivery!"

Sunwoo and Hyungseo whipped their head towards the small gate of Sunwoo's.

"I didn't order anything, Haknyeon hyung." Sunwoo said as Haknyeon sat down beside Hyungseo and snatched his chopsticks.

"I know. I ordered myself to come here." He said, taking a bite, much to the annoyance of Hyungseo.

Sunwoo and Hyungseo stared at him while Haknyeon ignored them.

"By the way, you got no visitors?" He asked, only now looking up. Hyungseo grabbed his bowl and chopsticks back.

"Nope. Not today."

"Then can I crash at your place tonight? I need to go to the Lee residence early tomorrow."

Sunwoo shrugged. He looked up at the night sky. It's cloudy tonight, he thought.

"As if you ever asked for permission to stay at my house before." He scoffed and carried back Hyungseo's finished bowl.

"Hey! I'm trying to be polite!"