Fifty Eight

After Hyungseo made sure Sunwoo and Youngjae were both safe, he looked back and nodded at Younghoon. Younghoon nodded back and focused on his own fight.

Jungwoo cocked his brow smugly and walked towards Younghoon, dragging his sword on the ground. Jaemin stood back, understanding the atmosphere. 

"Younghoon, be careful." Hyungseo called out from the roof. 

Then, he noticed the oncoming soldiers from the other side. He got to work on taking them down as much as he could with his arrows. Younghoon braced himself to fight Jungwoo. 

"Jaemin, go help the others. I'll be fine here." Jungwoo said. 

Jaemin hesitated but obeyed, believing in Jungwoo. He nodded and left the scene swiftly. This left the two gumihos on their own, getting into an intense glaring session. 

Jungwoo's eyes twitched as he thought of something. 

"Do you know what the most painful feeling is?" He asked.

Younghoon didn't answer, instead letting Jungwoo take over his own monologue. Jungwoo swallowed hard, lips trembling as he glared intensely. This made Younghoon slightly confused. Why was Jungwoo being so hostile towards him? 

"The helpless feeling in watching someone you hold dearly to your heart die and not being able to do anything about it."

Jungwoo waved his hand around, throwing a sharp gust of wind towards Younghoon. Younghoon covered himself and stumbled back due to the force. He glared back at Jungwoo who seemed to be choked up with emotions at the moment.

".....and being part of the reason he's dead." 

Younghoon frowned at Jungwoo's words. Why was he telling him this? 

"It must hurt a lot." Younghoon finally said. Jungwoo let out a scoff.

"It sure does. And I want him to feel the exact same feeling as I did." Jungwoo gritted his teeth. 

"Who are you talking about?" Younghoon took a step back as Jungwoo spread his arms apart.

"The person who you love the most and who loves you the most." 

Younghoon's eyes widened as he realised Jungwoo was talking about Changmin. But why? 

He didn't have time to ask as Jungwoo charged forward with his claws out. He jumped on Younghoon who blocked with his own arms. He stumbled backwards as Jungwoo pushed onto him forcefully. 

"He took away the only brother I had!" 

Jungwoo relentlessly landed blow after blow, not giving Younghoon any chance to attack back. Younghoon hissed as he got punched in the jaw. He toppled back and grunted as he clutched his jaw. He hissed when he felt pain seep through his skin. He glanced at Jungwoo's hands to see small orbs adorning the knuckles. 

Unbelievable. Was he wearing a glove equipped with imoogi orbs? 

No time to think, Jungwoo came at him again. Younghoon dodged him and finally managed to land a blow behind his back, knocking the breath out of Jungwoo. He quickly stepped back before Jungwoo could turn around to fight back. 

"Changmin wouldn't have done that with no reason." 

The two gumihos panted, glaring at each other. One with strong hatred, the other with strong determination. 

Haknyeon and Changmin stuck to each other's back as they got surrounded by soldiers. Both of them in silent panic but trying to hide it. 

"So, they're already puppets?" Haknyeon asked as he stared at the soldiers around them.