Thirty Five

Sangyeon, Hyungseo and Joonyoung trudged into the forest carefully. Hyungseo was particularly alert, gripping onto his bow hard. Sangyeon noticed.

"Try to loosen up a bit. Be light on your steps. You're not alone here." He spoke quietly. Hyungseo nodded, but still kept his guard up.

"We're near." Joonyoung voiced out. The three man stood back to back, scanning their surroundings.

"Maybe we should take cover?" Hyungseo suggested. The other two nodded. They walked soundlessly to take cover behind a clump of rocks and bushes.

Sangyeon's eyes flickered back and forth. It has been about half an hour since they started yet, it was quiet. Too quiet.

Hyungseo was trying not to fidget in his place. He crouched down lower and kept his eyes open. He happened to glance towards Sangyeon's hands on the ground. Except that Sangyeon's hands were so close to Joonyoung's that they might as well be holding each other's hands. His mind flashed back to the night before when he witnessed the action between the two.

Joonyoung was very cautious of his surroundings that he got startled when something touched his hands. He looked down to see Sangyeon's hands beside. He looked back up to see Sangyeon already staring at him.

Joonyoung broke contact first, taking back his hand and turning his head away.

"Get ready, there's one nearby." He said. Sangyeon only nodded. Then, they sensed it. The fog was thickening up. The daylight didn't really help.

Hyungseo got out an arrow and readied it on the bow as his eyes darted around. Joonyoung stood up slowly.

"What are you doing?" Sangyeon hissed.

"Someone needs to lure him out." Joonyoung replied and walked out of their hiding place. Sangyeon muttered under his breath but stayed put with his sword out.

"Don't go that far..." He grumbled to himself when he lost sight of Joonyoung in the fog. He turned his head to inform Hyungseo to stay put in case of ambush but Hyungseo wasn't there.

"Hyungseo?" He stood up and looked around, "This isn't time for jokes." He gritted. He bit his lips out of frustration. They never listen, do they?

"Both of them. It doesn't matter they are gumiho or human, they just don't listen!" He complained as he strutted out. He still kept up his guard.

"Hyungseo? Joonyoung?" He called out in the fog. He knew it was a waste of breath but maybe this might lure the imoogis to him.

"Sangyeon! There you are!" Sangyeon turned around to see Hyungseo running towards him, a wide grin on his face. Sangyeon backed up a bit when Hyungseo stopped in front of him, panting. He looked at Hyungseo suspiciously. He had heard what happened with Haknyeon and Hwall.

"What's the matter? Are you doubting me?" Hyungseo asked, peering up as he straightened himself. Hyungseo pouted.

"Aw, come on. I'm your teammate!" Hyungseo complained and shook his body in a whiny way. Sangyeon scrunched up his face at the movement.

"Alright, alright. I believe you. But I can't find Joonyoung yet, or the imoogi in this area." He said, scanning the surroundings again. But what Sangyeon didn't see was the sneaky smirk creeping on Hyungseo's face.

"Then, let's find him." Hyungseo's smirk went away as fast as it came when Sangyeon looked at him again. Sangyeon nodded. But before Sangyeon could take another step, he heard a twig crunch.

Sangyeon whipped around to the sound, sword already pointed in the direction. He squinted his eyes at the approaching figure.

"Sangyeon? Why are you pointing that at me?" Sangyeon's eyes widen as he sees Hyungseo looking at him puzzled. He turned to the first Hyungseo he saw, then back at the second one. He immediately backed off from the two, sword still pointing.