Fifty Six

The eleven Hwarangs rode their horses into the palace grounds with Namjoon and Jungkook in the lead. The sun was high in the sky which meant only one thing.

"When are we having lunch?" Youngjae asked, rubbing his stomach.

"We're in the palace and you're seriously asking that?" Changmin judged.

"Why not? It's a serious question." 

"I agree. We need energy right now." Haknyeon stood up for his friend. 

Changmin rolled his eyes at him and was about to judge the two when a growling noise interrupted him. It was himself.

"Don't worry. We're going to get food soon enough." Juyeon said holding back a chuckle.

Changmin's cheeks turned bright red with embarrassment and Younghoon couldn't help but pinch his lover's cheeks. He also left a peck at that making the others look away with the exception of Chanhee and Youngjae who had a deadpanned look. 

Chanhee was in the midst of judging the couple when he felt a pair of soft lips on his own cheeks. His eyes widened and turned to see a smiling Sunwoo. He didn't stop at that, instead leaning in to steal another kiss on the lips. Chanhee's eyes fluttered shut and he tried to fight back a smile.

"I suggest you all behave for the moment." Sangyeon's strict voice broke the mood. 

Hyungseo let out a breath of relief and turned away, unintentionally making eye contact with Juyeon. He choked on his own saliva at that.

Juyeon looked at him worriedly and hurried to get his water bottle out and handed it to Hyungseo. Hyungseo accepted it gratefully, gulping it down. Then, he gave it back, smiling sheepishly. 

Juyeon smiled at Hyungseo fondly. One hand took back the bottle while the other moved to Hyungseo's lips to wipe away the spilt water. Hyungseo paused at the action. He averted eye contact awkwardly. 

"Sangyeon, go on to the visitors' quarters. It'll be prepared for you all." Namjoon said.

"And you?" 

"We'll be having a chat with Yoongi- I mean, His Majesty." 

"Yes, sir." Sangyeon bowed his head followed by the others. Namjoon nodded and rode his horse away with Jungkook. 

Once they got to the quarters which Sangyeon lead them to, they got off their horses and stretched their arms and backs. Hyunjae scanned the place, looking up and down. 

"What are you looking for?" Sunwoo asked.

"A little birdy." Hyunjae replied, fixing his gaze at a particular spot. 

Sunwoo followed his gaze and saw a wisp of black hair. He sighed. Was it starting already?

"They just arrived. They don't seem particularly lethargic or anything. I didn't see any other containers with them either, meaning they didn't prepare much." Yang Yang reported.

Kun nodded thoughtfully. He turned to the rest in the room, Jungwoo, Haechan, Jaemin and Taeil.

"What do you think?" He asked. 

"They aren't stupid. Are you sure they didn't discover you?" Jungwoo said.

"No, I made sure I was discreet." Yang Yang said. Though at the back of his head, he had an itching feeling Hyunjae had noticed him.