Thirty Nine

They lost. They lost against Minister Lee's recruits by three orbs. 

"No point in regretting now." Changmin commented when they all gathered at their basecamp before they left. He took a seat beside Younghoon who was still passed out. 

"Sorry, I couldn't protect him, Changmin." Hyunjae said, fiddling with his belt. Changmin shook his head and mouthed an it's ok. 

"Is Hyungseo hyung going to be okay?" Hwall asked. 

"He'll wake up soon." Joonyoung reassured him. He felt tingly as if someone's eyes were on him. He looked around and met eyes with Sangyeon. Joonyoung turned away quickly. Juyeon who was also watching Joonyoung, noticed.

"Joonyoung, did you get hurt anywhere?" He asked, walking beside Joonyoung. 

"I'm fine. You and Youngjae went through a lot though." Joonyoung slightly pouted making Juyeon grin. 

"It was mostly Youngjae. I just supported him from behind." He said, rubbing his nape.

"I know Youngjae. He is capable on his own but he pulled through because you were with him. Thank you. For taking care of my brother." Joonyoung smiled at him. Juyeon blushed at the comment.

"Ye-yeah." He replied. 

Youngjae frowned at the interaction between the two. Then he shook his head and slapped himself.

"Yah! Did you also get hit on your head hard?" Haknyeon exclaimed, eyeing Youngjae cautiously. Youngjae glared at him. 

"No. Well, yes but no." He muttered. Haknyeon shook his head at his friend's weirdness. 

The journey back to Hae Baragi wasn't pleasant at all. Youngjae, Haknyeon and Hwall glanced at each other then at the others. All of them had depressed looks on. Hwall kept his arms around Hyungseo who was slung over the horse beside him.

"H-hey, Chanhee!" Sunwoo called out hesitantly. Chanhee turned to him with a bored look. Sunwoo jogged beside Chanhee and the two walked side by side in silence. 

"Do you like my name?" 

"Huh?" Sunwoo looked at Chanhee, confused.

"You called me yet, you aren't saying anything. Do you just like calling my name?" 

Sunwoo pulled a disgusted look until Chanhee glowered at him. He cleared his throat and stood up straight. 

"I just wanted to thank you for helping me with that Ju..." Sunwoo trailed off, trying to remember the name.

"Jungwoo. You don't even remember the guy who introduced himself to you?" Chanhee snorted.

"Well, I wasn't paying attention and he isn't particularly that interesting." 

"But you remembered my name the first time, so I must be interesting?" Chanhee teased. Sunwoo side eyed him and scoffed.

"Well, yeah." 

"Yeah?" Chanhee's eyes widened, not expecting this response. 

"You got the most hideous visual and the way you walked in my yard carrying those wild flowers swaying those non-existent hips and flipping your hair-"

"Wait, hold up! I do have hips and I do not sway them. And I do not flip my hair!" Sunwoo smirked at Chanhee's reaction.

"Nah, you did. That's part of why Hyungseo wanted to paint you. You flipped your hair flirtatiously and waved your hands around like you were sprinkling pixy dust." Sunwoo made a sprinkling gesture and mocked Chanhee. Chanhee scowled at Sunwoo's actions.