Twenty Nine

"Remind me to stay away from alcohol." Changmin groaned as he plopped down at the dining table. 

"We always do." Younghoon, Chanhee, and Youngjae said in unison. Changmin winced at the loud noise. 

"It's gonna be hard with Hyunjae around." Joonyoung said, laughing lightly. 

"Hey, you can't go blaming me!" Hyunjae pouted as he sat down besides Changmin. He wriggled his eyes at Changmin and the latter glared back.

"Hyunjae, shut up." Sangyeon said as he ate a spoonful. Hyunjae rolled his eyes.

"Hyung, it isn't entirely Hyunjae hyung's fault." Juyeon said, quietly. 

"Then, who's fault is it?" 

"No one's. Now, stop trying to blame others and try to work with us." Chanhee snapped at Sangyeon.

"I had tried to work with you. Why'd you think I came back and warned you guys!" Sangyeon growled.

"It was your choice." Chanhee replied simply.

"And how I regret it. I should have just left you monsters alone." Sangyeon got up roughly and pushed away his tray. He stomped out of the room. 

"What!" Sangyeon clenched his jaw when Chanhee grabbed his hand and stopped him by the exit. 

"Apologize." Chanhee spoke.

"For what."

"For calling us that."

Sangyeon smirked as he yanked back his hand.

"Why not? It's true you're monsters. Monsters that turn to anima-" 

Everyone gasped as Chanhee threw the first blow at Sangyeon. Sunwoo was surprised, to say the least. He hadn't expect Chanhee to be this angry over a simple insult.

"I said, apologize." Chanhee gritted out each word. Sangyeon spit out the little pool of blood from his mouth. He scoffed as he wiped his lips. He stood up, towering over Chanhee.

"Chanhee , stop it." Hyunjae tried to pull back Chanhee.

"Sangyeon..." Joonyoung held back Sangyeon's arms slightly. Sangyeon turned to him with angry eyes but softened once he saw Joonyoung's expression. He turned back to Chanhee who was still glaring at him with hatred. He huffed out and left. 

"It's ok, Chanhee. It's fine." Hyunjae buried Chanhee's head in his chest as he hugged him. Chanhee's fists were still clenched as he breathed into Hyunjae's chest. Hyunjae attempted to calm him down by patting down his hair.

Sunwoo stared at the two quietly. Something stirred up in his chest as he watched how Hyunjae touched Chanhee so freely. His hands focused on Hyunjae's hands as it glided over Chanhee's hair then landed on his tiny waist. Without knowing himself, his eyes narrowed at that. 

"You can't be serious." Hyungseo muttered out as Namjoon announced the punishment.

"Why yes, I am." Namjoon smiled as if he hadn't just said they were going to have to spent the night in the forest behind them. The very forest they were told not to venture in due to the alarming rise of predators. 

"But-"

"No, buts." Namjoon cut off Juyeon. 

"You will get your swords and off you go."