Because It's You (Sangcob)

A/N: Because someone requested it. A oneshot for Sangcob ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

Jacob carefully brings out the mango cheesecake from the freezer and puts it on the counter. He smiles in satisfaction at how it turned out. Kevin passes by him, carrying a sack of coffee beans. He dumps it into the coffee container, glancing briefly at Jacob. 

"Did you succeed this time?" he asks, knowing how Jacob had been trying his hands at the cake recipe continuously all week. 

Jacob clasped his hands together, "I hope so. Kevin, " He turns around, "You wanna taste test?"

"I'll decline, thanks." Kevin smiles.

Jacob frowns. "I'm pretty sure I succeeded this time."

"I'm sure. How about you taste test it yourself. I need to finish restocking first." Kevin patted his head before escaping.

Jacob pouted. He grumbled under his breath, grabbing a spoon. He sank his spoon in, nodding at the texture he felt. 

"Seems alright for now." He spoke to himself. Jacob squints his eyes at the piece he had scooped. "It looks pretty okay, too." 

Jacob takes a bite bravely. He had a smile on before taking the bite which was now slipping away. A frown replaced his smile and he looked down at the cake in betrayal. 

"How could you look perfect yet taste so bad?" Jacob cried out. 

He dumped the spoon into the sink, letting out a sigh. This was the fifth time he had failed. Why was it so hard to make a delicious mango cheesecake? 

Kevin had cheered him up on the first two tries. But at the third try, Kevin suggested Jacob to stick to his usual brownies and cupcakes. But Jacob didn't want to give up. He really wanted to make a mango cheesecake. 

The reason for his persistence entered the shop and Jacob pushed the cake out of existence into the sink. He put on a smile as Sangyeon walked towards the counter.

"Good morning, Sangyeon." 

"Good morning Jacob."

"The usual again?" Jacob asked, already getting the cup ready. 

Sangyeon nodded. "Thanks." He was about to walk away when his eye caught sight of the abandoned cake in the sink. 

"Woah, did you drop it?" Sangyeon asked, pointing at the cake.

"Oh! That's nothing. Ignore that." Jacob said, scratching the back of his ear. 

"Or is it a new recipe?" Sangyeon asked with a smile.

"Yeah. Well, I was trying something new. But it isn't working out."  Jacob sighed.

"I'm sure you'll find a way."

Jacob smiled as Sangyeon went to sit at his usual table. Sangyeon had started coming to the café regularly after their first encounter. Though it wasn't the same for Jacob. 

That day, Jacob just had to sit and talk with Sangyeon in a long while. His heart did a small flip when he listened to Sangyeon's voice all over again. It nearly stopped as well when he learned that Sangyeon was indeed here for a date. But fortunately for Jacob, he got stood up. 

Jacob felt bad, trying to fight back his smile in front of Sangyeon that day. But he couldn't help it. He was meeting his other half all over again. Jacob hadn't expected that day would come like this. He hadn't been prepared.

He hadn't been prepared for Sangyeon to ask who he was, what his name was. He could hear his heart crack a little at those questions. But Jacob was still happy.