Forty Eight

It was pouring slightly at Hae Baragi. Younghoon and Chanhee watched from their building balcony as the rain washed away the heat that was creeping up these days. 

The two of them got startled when hearing hurried footsteps accompanied by heavy panting. Younghoon and Chanhee watched as Sunwoo picked himself up and grabbed Chanhee.

"Oh, you're not crying?" Sunwoo spoke making the two gumihos puzzled.

"Every rain doesn't mean I'm crying." Chanhee muttered, shrugging Sunwoo's hold off of him. Sunwoo heaved a sigh in relief. 

"Then, I'll get going. I promised Youngjae that I'll help him with the dance." Sunwoo took off just as quick as he came. 

Younghoon looked at the two in amusement. Chanhee shook his head as his gaze trailed after Sunwoo. He turned around to see Younghoon with a knowing smirk.

"Don't." Chanhee deadpanned.

"Don't what? I haven't even uttered a word." Younghoon said, still smirking.

"I just know that look. You, Changmin and Youngjae all got that look when you guys got something to tease me." He muttered, resting his elbows on the balcony railing.

"That's cause we love you." Younghoon cooed, attempting to pinch Chanhee's cheeks. Chanhee swatted his hands away just in time. Younghoon let out a laugh and followed Chanhee in the same position.

"What are you going to do?" Younghoon asked, serious all of a sudden. But Chanhee wasn't surprised. He had expected this conversation to pop up anytime soon. 

"I don't know. I didn't expect anything to happen." 

"Now, something did happen. You can't lead on Sunwoo blindly, Chanhee. You know that. I also know Sunwoo isn't a fool. He would've already known the consequences of falling in love with you. But he did."

Chanhee didn't reply, only staring vacantly at the rain. It seemed to trickle down in slow motion but sharp. 

Slow but impactful. That was how Chanhee felt his relationship with Sunwoo was.

"Though one thing puzzles me." Younghoon said.

"What is it?" Chanhee replied.

"I get why Sunwoo would have gotten smitten by you in a short time. But you? I don't expect this response from you." Younghoon quirked a brow at Chanhee's silence.

"Chanhee, is there something you're not telling us?" 

Chanhee's continued silence gave the answer. Younghoon waited. 

"You remember the fire that took away Hyunjoon from us?", Chanhee spoke making Younghoon listen intently. 

"The first lantern festival we went to together. You and Changmin went off on a date leaving us three. Of course, Hyunjoon, like the kid he is, wandered around. Joonyoung had a hard time keeping an eye on him." Chanhee chuckled as the memory of a tired Joonyoung scolding an innocent Hyunjoon resurfaced.

"Yes, I remember." Younghoon said. Chanhee nodded.

"We didn't expect hunters to be on our tail. The night was ruined in more than one way." Chanhee said, reminiscing that night.

"See you guys later!" Changmin said and ran off, dragging Younghoon with him.

"One day, you'll see. One day, I'm gonna get a boyfriend of my own and show Changmin hyung." Hyunjoon muttered, eyes glaring at the back of Changmin. 

"How about making sure you're already an adult before getting a boyfriend?" Chanhee said with a tight smile. Hyunjoon pouted and scooted closer to Joonyoung.