Sixty

Yang Yang was running towards them once they got outside. He came to a halt as he raked his eyes to Jeno and Haechan. Joonyoung turned to Youngjae after looking around.

"Where's Chanhee?" He asked. 

Youngjae hesitated for a moment making Joonyoung quirk his brow.

"He's.... fine." Youngjae replied. 

Joonyoung sighed. At least he still feels that Chanhee's alive, he thought, palming his chest. Taeyong sat down beside him on the stone ground. Joonyoung glanced down at him, tilting his head when he spotted tears running down his face. 

Youngjae sniffed, averting eye contact and that made Joonyoung frown. He knelt down on one knee beside Taeyong, putting a hand on his shoulder comfortingly. 

"Taeyong, what is it?" He asked in a soothing tone. 

Taeyong continued to cry quietly, hands trembling, he covered up his face and let out a scream. Jeno was also crying making Haechan confused. Haechan had half of a mind to comfort Jeno but remembered he was tied up. The thought just flew away. 

"Doyoung hyung...." Jeno started, "I can't feel hyung anymore." 

Haechan's eyes widened at the news while Yang Yang shut his eyes and sighed. Joonyoung gasped. Then with no hesitation, he pulled in Taeyong for a hug. 

"I'm sorry I couldn't protect you till the end, Doyoung." Taeyong cried. 

Because Joonyoung knew what it felt like.

What a broken bond felt like.

Renjun and Yuta ran at full speed with Hyungseo jumping from building to building. Yet they couldn't catch up with Sunwoo, a mere human. 

Sunwoo, a mere human with desperate worriedness filling up to the brim making him feel nothing but anxiousness.

Renjun and Yuta had felt Doyoung's bond breaking off. Doyoung had gone to Kun and Chanhee. If Doyoung's bond was breaking off, then what was happening? 

The main question circling around in Sunwoo's mind was whether Chanhee was ok. 

He needed to be ok. 

Sunwoo got to the place, panting and sweating profusely. His legs were wobbly with how much he had ran and fought. His heart was beating thunderously with nervousness and adrenaline mixed up all together. His throat was dry with doubts of what if. 

He sighed. A tear drop escaped out. Then he sighed. 

"Sunwoo...." Chanhee called, voice trembling. 

Sunwoo ran to him, sitting down beside Chanhee and immediately pulling him into a hug. Chanhee couldn't hold it in any longer and he cried. He cried out as much as he's been holding back. As much as he had been feeling scared and restless. 

Sunwoo hugged him tightly, whispering sweet nothings into his ear. He rocked Chanhee in his embrace, trying to calm him down. He glanced down at Chanhee's bloody hands, then at Doyoung's body. 

He flinched in disgust as he saw the open crater wound in Doyoung's body. Then, he glanced at the messed up body of Kun. 

He didn't know what happened here or how it happened. But whatever it was, Chanhee had to go through it all alone. 

Sunwoo wasn't there for him. He should've been there for him. 

"I'm sorry." Sunwoo breathed out. 

Chanhee didn't say anything. Instead, he buried his face into Sunwoo's chest and hugged him back tighter. His bloodied hand dirtying Sunwoo's clothes but Sunwoo didn't mind at all.