Eight

Hwall rested his elbow on the windowsill of his small room. He stared up at the moon, not full yet, but shining brightly. How long has it been since he came into this family? Over 15 years?

Hwall woke up with a soft blanket lightly covering him. He sat up in cold sweat and scanned the room he was in. The door creaked open and in came an old woman dressed in servant clothes.

"Oh, you're awake? I must inform Young Master at once." 

Hwall massaged the seeping pain in his head.

"Don't move too much yet. Your body must be hurting all over." A young boy came in with the old woman from before tagging behind. The boy gestured the woman to do her job. The woman bowed and went out again.

Hwall looked at the boy cautiously. He screamed noble blood all over and here was Hwall with his bare body and.......wait, where's my clothes! He quickly covered himself up with the blanket.

The boy looked at him confused.

"You were dirty and had injuries all over you so we had to take your clothes off." The boy said. Hwall didn't meet his eye.

"Where am I?"

"You are at my home. You're safe if that's what you want to know. You can leave once the doctor says it's okay. Where do you live?"

"I......"

"Don't you remember?"

"...."

"It's okay. Let me introduce myself. I'm Lee Juyeon, and you?"

"......."

"Not really chatty, are you? And I thought I didn't like to talk. We'll think of something." Juyeon smiled at him encouragingly. At that time another boy came in bursting through the door holding a bow and arrow.

"You're awake! I thought you were gone! That's a relief. How are you? Are you feeling okay? Hurt anywhere else? Where do you stay? I can sent you back onc-"

"Hyunjae hyung, slow down a bit. And as for him, he doesn't really remember much and he doesn't like to talk."

"Oh? Then what's your name?" Hyunjae crouched down to level his gaze with Hwall. Hwall backed up, feeling a bit overwhelmed with the new attention. He shook his head.

"Then, we'll just have to give you one! Hmmm.....How about Hwall?"

Both Juyeon and Hwall looked at him.

"I mean, it's kinda cool." Hyunjae shrugged. Juyeon just gave him a hard look.

"Okay." A small voice said, "I'll be Hwall."

Hwall didn't really ask Juyeon more about how he found him. He just knew he was passed out by the city edge, bruised all over. Hyunjae said he was surprised he survived with the amount of injuries he suffered all over his body and especially his head. Maybe that's why he forgot about his past.

Hwall's headaches had subsided over the years. But that day, when he looked at Hyungseo's painting, it started again. And he wanted, no, needed to know why.

Sunwoo could hear birds singing and rustling tree leaves in the wind. He frowned. Was he not dead yet? He opened his eyes slowly to find that he, indeed, has not died yet. He scanned around his surroundings and found that he was in a store room with lots of food and odd tools.