Six

"Chanhee. Chanhee? Chanhee? CHOI CHANHEE!"

"Huh? What?"

"You're about to burn our food." Joonyoung deadpanned.

"Oh! Sorry." Chanhee immediately took the pan off the stove.

"Yah! Isn't it hot?" Joonyoung said, alarmed.

"Huh? Oh, ouch." Chanhee only then registered burning pain and sucked his palm. Joonyoung huffed and brought over a damp cloth and put it over his palm.

"Why are you so zoned out? You almost hurt yourself and ruined the food, too." Chanhee didn't reply. After talking with Youngjae last night, past memories came up and he found himself reminiscing over it. He shook his head.

"Nah, it's just.........just that Youngjae and I also met someone yesterday."

"You guys are becoming social? I mean, I know Changmin and Youngjae love people but you and Younghoon? That's a surprise." Joonyoung said, amused. Chanhee frowned.

"It's not that Younghoon and I don't love people, we just prefer to stay by ourselves." Joonyoung waved off his small protest.

"So, who is it? That someone you two met."

Chanhee told Joonyoung what happened yesterday and Joonyoung burst out laughing. Chanhee frowned again.

"No offense, but he actually said you look pretty?" Joonyoung tried to stifle his laugh by covering his mouth. Chanhee frowned even harder and pouted.

"You guys are mean..."

"Oh, no, I didn't mean it that way. It's just that, normally, you would tell a guy that he's handsome and a girl that she's pretty. How come that Hyungseo guy tells you are pretty? It's just a bit amusing."

"....."

"Don't be mad, Chanhee. But I don't really think it's strange he wants to paint you though." Joonyoung said, continuing to fan the fire. He was brewing medicine.

"Why not? A stranger comes up to you saying you're pretty and wants to paint you. That's pretty strange to me." Chanhee said, putting away the damp cloth.

"Chanhee, we are gumihos. We naturally have that ability to attract and seduce humans. Maybe that guy fell for your charms."

"......"

"You can go, you know."

"Can I?" Chanhee looked at Joonyoung with sparkling eyes. Joonyoung nodded. To be honest, he was worried the guy might do something weird but Chanhee seemed pretty excited to get his own painting.

"But I'll come with you."

"Sure!" Chanhee hugged Joonyoung in delight and went away to get ready.

Chanhee entered his room and got his shoes to go down the city, then looked for his handkerchief.

"Huh? Where is it!" He panicked as he turned his bed upside down.

"Chanhee hyung! Joonyoung hyung said I can come with you." Youngjae shouted and came in. He also got his shoes on and grinned at him. Chanhee ignored him and continued looking for his handkerchief.

"What's with him?" Hwall asked Sunwoo. Sunwoo looked at who Hwall was gesturing at and found Hyungseo, sitting on the floor. He had his arms and legs crossed and his neck stretched out as if waiting for someone.

"He might have met someone yesterday. And he might be waiting for him."

"Why?" Hwall asked, taking a bite out of his apple.