Fifty Seven

Yoongi walked up to the throne at the top, turning around, he was faced with the usual assembly of ministers seated along the high tables on the stone ground. The royal musicians played the usual boring traditional songs, the courtesans were dancing on the side. It was all very unpleasant in Yoongi's eyes. 

"Your Majesty, Professor Kim and Professor Jeon are here." Youngho, his bodyguard, whispered. 

Yoongi glanced to the side to see his two friends walking up to him. They bowed and Yoongi greeted back. 

"Is everything ready?" He said, still gazing over the ministers. 

"We have prepared to our best." Namjoon replied.

"I hope your Hwarang's best would be enough. Because this might be our last chance." 

Namjoon and Jungkoo bowed again and retreated back to their seats, down the steps. Yoongi exhaled in deeply. He had waited for so long. This was the day he would finally pull out the roots of evil in this land for good.  

"And now, our final performance awaits. This performance will be done by the Hwarangs who have been personally chosen by His Majesty." The head eunuch announced. 

This caused confused noises all over except for Minister Lee. He stared at the emperor calmly. Yoongi stared back in a bored manner, lifting his wine cup for a toast. 

"Your Majesty, what is this Hwarang you talk of?" One minister asked. 

"Eleven of my personal picks which have been trained by my good friend Professor Kim Namjoon. They are my own army."

"But Your Majesty already has the Imperial army. What use would you have for another mere eleven soldiers?"

"Are you implying I'm wasting my time?" Yoongi glared angrily. The minister winced and shut up at that. Yoongi looked back and continued.

"These eleven young man are talented and have my utmost trust. Furthermore, they have been trained under the most capable teachers."

"If Hwarang is an army, why are they performing here?" Another minister intervened. Yoongi sighed in frustration.

"You have lots of questions today, huh? I'll tell you only once. Hwarangs are not soldiers. They are elite warriors who excel in all area of art and war. They are not puppets for me or anyone," Yoongi sent a glare at Minister Lee, "to control." 

The rest of the ministers went silent. Some of them grumbling in discontentment while others disapproved strongly.

"Proceed with the performance instantly." 

The gate to the compound opened up with Yoongi's orders, revealing the eleven Hwarangs waiting on the other side. They stood in two lines with Sangyeon and Joonyoung at the front. The eleven men walked in with light steps, expression void of any emotions. 

Once they got to the center of the stage, they knelt down and greeted the Emperor.

"Hwarangs at your service, Your Majesty." They said in unison. 

Yoongi nodded, pleased. He waved his hand for them to begin with the performance. Sangyeon nodded and got up, the rest following him. After that, they all took their positions carefully and precisely. 

This was a performance they couldn't mess up. 

A/N (I'm gonna add in the performance video cause it was lit and deserves to be watched again. And for those who haven't watched it yet, you need to.)