Seventeen

The twelve boys rode far away and fast to a clear space. Hyunjae led the way to a meadow and stopped in the middle of it once he deemed the coast clear. 

He immediately checked on Sangyeon again, then looked back at the others. 

"How's he?" He asked Sunwoo who was holding onto Chanhee tight. Sunwoo just gave a nod. 

"Everyone okay? Anyone else hurt or anything?" Hyunjae asked, worry evident in his voice. Juyeon and Hwall shook their heads. They had been cut a few times but they were mostly just grazed by. Haknyeon also got off his horse and plopped down on the ground.

"That was intense." He muttered out. 

Joonyoung arrived a bit later along with Changmin and Younghoon. Hyunjae was still not used to their appearances and almost freaked out. Youngjae and Hyungseo arrived last.

Joonyoung looked up at the sky. The sun was almost setting.

"I think we should find a place to camp." He said. Hyunjae nodded. 

"Wait, I can't ride with him." Hyungseo said, attempting to get off from Youngjae's horse. Youngjae looked offended.

"Just deal with it." Haknyeon muttered. 

"So, Minister Lee, I heard about your... sons." One of the ministers attending the meeting spoke. Minister Lee Byunghyun (in case you forgot, the Lee brother's Father) glanced around. He scoffed lightly at the rest of the ministers.

"I am honored you are interested in my family affairs." He replied curtly. The same minister chuckled mockingly.

"It is not only your family affair if it involves the deeds of His Majesty as well. It is a shame, though. Your sons, maybe except for that prostitute's, are a formidable candidate for the future."

"They have chosen their path. Even though if it's a foolish choice, they will come to their senses once I start the revolution. They will know what kind of powerless, useless emperor it is they are protecting." Minister Lee's tone held rage. That made the rest of the minister's in the room uneasy.

At that moment, Minister Lee's personal bodyguard came in swiftly and reported to him quietly. Minister lee's face turned expressionless.

"It seems, we need to call back our old friends for backup. Contact them immediately." He said, ominously. 

"Why isn't he waking up yet?" Hyunjae asked, dabbing a wet cloth around Sangyeon's neck. They had set camp in a cave just by a small stream. It was very quiet.

"It'll take time but he'll be ok. I promise." Joonyoung said. Hyunjae put down the cloth and looked at Joonyoung.

"I don't doubt you. I'm just worried. And according to what Younghoon and Changmin explained  to me briefly, it wasn't easy on your part as well. Thank you." Hyunjae smiled at him gratefully. Joonyoung returned the smile. 

"Hyung? You should rest now." Juyeon came in and sat down besides Hyunjae, looking warily at Joonyoung. 

Joonyoung noticed and retreated back outside before Hyunjae called him again.

"I think we own everyone an explanation, don't you think?" Hyunjae suggested and Joonyoung nodded slowly. 

"Juyeon, get everyone here." Juyeon nodded and got up.

"Get ready for a long night." Hyunjae smiled at Joonyoung who returned it with a tired one.

"So, let me see where exactly I should begin." Hyunjae said, rubbing his hands together. Everyone looked at each other.