Eleven

"Is this how you decide to repay your own Father?" 

"This is how I decide on my own path." Sangyeon stood a few steps behind his Father's back. He kept his eyes on the floor even when the old man turned around. 

"That is a disappointment. All these years of academy training spent on you, wasted for nothing. I thought you would honor the family, my son."

"A family made up of power, lies, and greed... is one I wish to not be a part of. I may be a disappointment for you but you don't seem to realize this, Lee ByungHyun, " Sangyeon looked up with determined eyes, "I don't live for you. I live for myself, as do Hyunjae and Juyeon."

His Father stayed calm but his trembling hands said other wise. Sangyeon managed not to flinch when the man started to cackle out loudly. 

"His Majesty is still young. He is foolish. You are even more foolish, believing in that madness of an emperor. Mark my words, you will be coming back, groveling under my feet." He gave a hard stare. 

Sangyeon only bowed his head and left the room. Once he was out in the yard, he let out a breath of relief. He could feel his Father's hard glare piercing through his back as he left. 

Sangyeon did think a lot before dragging his brothers into this... mess. He even rethought his decision on making his brothers join the team. Sangyeon wasn't the most affectionate with his brothers but he believed they all had the same view on the family. They hated it. 

"I'm already hating this." Hyunjae groaned out, rubbing his eyes. It was early morning when they had started to prepare to leave. The sun wasn't even out yet, the sky colored a pale blue. 

"Do you want me to go get the bucket?" Hwall chimed cheerfully from beside him and giggled when Hyunjae shook his head furiously. 

"Are you ready, hyung? Hwall?" Juyeon said, carrying his bag over his shoulders. Hwall nodded and Hyunjae had already closed his eyes as he leaned onto his horse. Juyeon pressed his lips into a thin line and shook Hyunjae awake. No use. 

"Let's go." Sangyeon came and checked each of them, frowning when spotting Hyunjae still asleep. 

"Hyunjae. Lee Hyunjae. Wake up right now." Sangyeon said in a stern voice. Hyunjae just murmured something and with eyes still closed, mounted his horse. 

The three looked at him in fascination as he managed to somehow buckle himself in properly,... with his eyes closed. 

"He's not gonna crash into anything, if that's what you are worrying about." Juyeon said to Sangyeon who was still staring at Hyunjae's sleepy figure slumped on his horse.

"Right, but Hwall, keep an eye on him in case the road gets bumpy. Let's depart now, then." 

"Shush!"

"Why you shushing me! I'll whack you with my notebook!" Hyungseo pushed Haknyeon's shoulders as they peeked at the four men riding out their horses. 

"Maybe if your stuff didn't make that much of noise, I wouldn't need to shush you." Haknyeon whisper shouted back. Hyungseo was about to hiss back when a voice made them freeze.

"What are you two doing here?" 

Hyungseo stumbled back on poor Haknyeon who got squished on the ground. Both of them immediately covered each others mouth to prevent any noise coming out. Then, they glared at the newcomer. 

Sunwoo grinned sheepishly as he lend out both hands to help them up. 

"Why are you here?" Haknyeon asked, dusting Hyungseo's butt as Hyungseo did the same for him. Sunwoo fiddled with his fingers.