One

(This story is set in the period of Silla Dynasty. Certain facts won't be accurate as I'm just writing from what I know from dramas and the internet. It would help if you've watched the drama "Hwarang" because I'm basing my story setting off that drama.)

"That's enough for today, Changmin." Younghoon pulled back Changmin from wandering further from the woods.

"I want to explore more!" Changmin complained, pouting. Younghoon smiled at his boyfriend and pecked him on the lips.

"You know that's not possible. What if a human finds out who you are?" He said.

"Why not? I'll be really discreet like a ninja! I just wanna know more about human things." Changmin gave his best puppy eye impression and he's good at it. Younghoon almost gave in if not for the dangers he was afraid of.

"Nope. Now let's get back before Joonyoung hyung gets worried." Younghoon scooped up Changmin bridal-style and walked back into the woods. Changmin sulked all the way back.

"Hey, Younghoon! Hey, Changmin! Did you have fun?" Jacob said cheerfully as soon as the two got back home.

"No. Younghoon won't let me have fun." Changmin jumped off Younghoon's arms and trudged off to Youngjae who was sorting out nuts. Joonyoung gave a glance at Younghoon who just shrugged it off.

"Maybe because you suggested something stupid." Chanhee chimed in, coming out from the house. He was carrying a basket of wild flowers. They were picked early this morning and was as fresh as ever with all sorts of colours.

"Me! Stupid! How dare you accuse me of such a thing!" Changmin stared at Chanhee bewildered.

"I dare say it cause it's you." Chanhee replied which made the rest except Changmin crack up.

The place where the five of them called home was situated in a small clearing deep in the forest. They had built up a quaint little house out of the few rocks and wood they could find. Just a few steps from the clearing was a cave enough to shelter the five from sudden extreme weather. The five of them had somehow met up and been surviving together ever since away from humans. They only come in contact with humans when they need to for survival reasons.

Why?

Because Bae Joonyoung, Kim Younghoon, Ji Changmin, Choi Chanhee, and Sohn Youngjae were nine-tailed foxes (Gumiho).

Sunwoo checked his wine first thing in the morning. Ah, yes. The smell is good, the taste is good. The poison is just ready for its customers. Sunwoo rubbed his hands in satisfaction. He stretched his arms as he came out of the small store room, observing the scene outside in front of his tavern. Sunwoo's 'tavern' is actually just his house which accommodated three extra rooms for guests and one for himself. After getting separated from his parents at a young age, Sunwoo had learned to make a living on his own.

"Sunwoo-yah! My favourite dongsaeng!" Sunwoo winced at the loud obnoxious voice ringing through the whole place. Hyunjae walked in the yard with a gleeful expression.

"Isn't it too early to drink?" Sunwoo questioned. Hyunjae gave a hurt pout.

"Do you think that lowly of me? I'm hurt." He faked a pitiful voice.

"Every time you're here, you drink so what do you expect?" Sunwoo replied and walked to the kitchen to prepare the menu for today. He sold some snacks to go with the wine he made. He enjoyed it.

"Ah, correct! But today, I've come here to invite you out!" Hyunjae sat down on the bench in front of Sunwoo's house.

"I'm not coming with you to Red Rose." Sunwoo didn't even look at Hyunjae. Red Rose was the most famous gisaeng (ancient Korean courtesans) house. Hyunjae had tried getting Sunwoo into going there but Sunwoo always refused. Hyunjae even confronted him by asking if he was scared of women to which Sunwoo had responded by chasing Hyunjae halfway down the street.