Thirty Seven

Juyeon, Youngjae, Sunwoo and Hwall got to a clear cliff, overseeing the river and valleys beneath. Juyeon huffed and panted.

"Juyeon, y-you are bleeding." Youngjae said, walking towards Juyeon and eying the wound on his abdomen worriedly. 

"Are you crazy!? Why didn't you listen?" Juyeon yelled at Hwall, startling Youngjae. Juyeon tugged Hwall harshly towards him. Hwall looked at Juyeon and scoffed. The other three creased their foreheads at the reaction. 

"Hwall, what's with you?" Sunwoo asked, pulling him away from the fuming Juyeon carefully. Hwall glanced at him, the look on his face was mocking, playful. His eyes were glinting of full amusement.

"Nothing." He replied. Youngjae looked at Hwall carefully. He pulled Juyeon and Sunwoo towards him as he realised something. Sunwoo and Juyeon looked at him, confused.

"You aren't Hwall, are you?" Youngjae glowered, his eyes flickered to Hwall's hair which wasn't blue at the moment. Hwall covered his mouth with his hands as he made a mocking dramatic expression.

"What do you mean?" He said, tone of surprise. 

"You aren't an imoogi, either." Youngjae narrowed his eyes. Sunwoo gulped at the sudden change of aura and glanced around them. They were at the edge of a cliff. Great. 

"I don't know what you are talking about." Hwall batted his eyelashes, faking innocence. Youngjae stayed silent. He would fight if the imposter Hwall started but if the imposter gumiho could change forms, then Youngjae was sure whoever this was, is stronger than him. Youngjae feared he would not be able to help at all. 

Hwall let out a chuckle. 

"Why are you laughing?" Sunwoo said in a hard voice. 

"It's just funny how you look afraid. Afraid of something you don't know. It's......interesting." Hwall said. That made Sunwoo angry. He lunged forward before Juyeon and Youngjae could stop him. 

He went straight into hands on combat with Hwall. Sunwoo tried to punch him and grab onto his collars to make him stay still. But Hwall was much stronger and was able to topple Sunwoo over with a swish of his leg and elbowed Sunwoo in the face. 

"Sunwoo!" Youngjae yelled but Juyeon held him back. Youngjae looked up at Juyeon who was looking at the fight with his jaws clenched. Hwall knelt beside Sunwoo and held up his chin. 

Before Hwall could get closer to Sunwoo, something hit Hwall in the head. Hwall whipped his head around angrily. 

"What! WHAT!" Haknyeon yelled. He was visibly fuming. While Hwall was distracted by Haknyeon, Sunwoo kicked Hwall away. Youngjae and Juyeon quickly went to help Sunwoo up. 

"Youngjae, explain." Chanhee walked up beside Haknyeon. 

"He's not an imoogi." Youngjae cut to the chase. He believed Chanhee already got the gist of it. Chanhee looked at Hwall calmly. 

"Since we all know, why don't you show your true self now?" Chanhee said. Hwall shrugged.

"Do I want to?" He tested Chanhee. 

"Do you want me to make you?" Chanhee responded. Hwall smirked, poking his tongue in his cheek.

"Maybe?" 

That was all Chanhee needed to start his attack. Haknyeon stumbled back as the force from the two gumihos hit each other, emitting a blast. Youngjae wobbled and almost lost his balance if not for Juyeon holding onto his waist.

"Careful." Juyeon breathed out, looking into Youngjae's eyes. Youngjae nodded wordlessly. Then they looked back at the fight. 

It was blinding, how the two fought with such energy and force. Hwall(imposter) fought with brute rough force yet sneaky moves while Chanhee was graceful in moving his body to avoid attacks. Chanhee was better at controlling his own power while Hwall just went all out.