Twenty Four

"Are you sure you want to follow through?" The red haired gumiho asked. He looked at the back of the lilac haired one who didn't give a response and continued looking out from the ship deck. 

The red haired heaved a sigh and left him alone. 

Only the sounds of the wave crashing against the ship and the firm breeze brushing against his face were his company. He stared out into the horizon. 

"Never thought I'd be coming back here." He breathed out and fluttered his eyes shut. A drop of tear threatened to trickle down his cheek as past memories resurfaced.

"Hyung! Are we there yet?" A boy with blonde hair ran out towards him. He ruffled his hair as the boy beamed up at him.

"Almost." He replied, "Why are you out here? You should be sleeping right now, Jeno."

"But I'm feeling a bit seasick. Renjun said I should try breathing in some fresh air. So I tried looking for you in your room but then, you weren't there. So I came out to look for you and I found you!" Jeno babbled at him nonstop. The lilac haired man chuckled at his younger brother, not blood related. 

"Ok, then. Now, are you feeling better?" He patted the back of Jeno's neck. 

"A little. Feeling sleepy now. Aren't you gonna come in?" Jeno rubbed his eyes. The man smiled down at him and nodded. Jeno smiled widely and hugged his arms.

"Ok! Let's go sleep now, Doyoung Hyung!"

"You've got to be kidding me." Chanhee had given up. Joonyoung patted his shoulders encouragingly. 

"No complaints. Now go." Jungkook demanded. Chanhee grumbled as he walked over to his assigned position. 

Chanhee glared at Sunwoo as the latter gave a bored expression. He just wanted the lesson to be done. 

Jungkook had paired up the gumihos and humans to practice martial arts. Chanhee was with Sunwoo, Changmin was with Hyungseo, Youngjae was with Hyunjae, Younghoon was with Juyeon, Joonyoung was with Sangyeon, and lastly, Haknyeon and Hwall. 

Hwall asked why they had to pair up with each other when they were both humans. Jungkook just gave a mysterious smile and told him to follow orders.

"Now, fight." Jungkook said suddenly which all of them responded with confused looks and noises. 

"But, aren't you gonna teach us?" Juyeon asked.

"Consider this... testing each other's skills. Now, just try to do anything you can." 

They looked at their partners, unsurely. 

Changmin and Hyungseo glanced at each other, the former wriggling his eye brows teasingly. Hyungseo held up two fists meekly. Changmin laughed at Hyungseo's poor attempt to try anything. 

"You hold your fists like this," He adjusted Hyungseo's hands, " And put your legs like this. That way you can resist and dodge easily when the opponent is trying to push you." 

Hyungseo's mouth formed an 'O' and grinned at Changmin gratefully.

"I said to fight! Not to give each other pointers!" Jungkook yelled at them. Changmin and Hyungseo answered a quick 'Yes, sir!'. 

Jungkook looked over to the others. He nodded in satisfaction, observing Younghoon and Juyeon going at it quite well. 

He observed the pairs and found that the gumihos weren't using their powers at all. It was evident when Youngjae was getting his head locked in Hyunjae's arms.