Twenty Six

It's been days since they started training together, somehow building up an unseen connection between them. They were in the middle of sword training when Changmin suggested they sparred each other for fun. Everyone collectively agreed.

Juyeon and Hyungseo went first. Haknyeon let out a loud heart hyena-like laugh when Hyungseo failed miserably. 

"Don't worry, you did improve a lot. And you're better at archery than me." Juyeon comforted him. Hyungseo pouted.

Then, the others followed. All of them burst out in laughter when Hyunjae knelt down on the ground after Changmin accidentally poked his wooden sword at his groin. 

"I...still want babies...." Hyunjae squeaked. Hwall patted his butt hard to help ease the pain. Even Sangyeon couldn't hold in his laughter.

"Sunwoo! Your turn." Youngjae said as he handed him a wooden sword. Sunwoo took it, then hesitated when he saw that Chanhee was his opponent. 

Chanhee was smirking at him as he twirled the sword in his hand. Sunwoo grunted. He knew he wasn't the best in sword fights. He was more of a kick and punch guy whereas Chanhee was swift in using his sword. 

Sunwoo tried to focus as he positioned himself in front of Chanhee. Keyword: tried. 

Sunwoo has been having a hard time suppressing his inner thoughts whenever Chanhee came into view. It was worse because they were roommates, meaning they were together for most of the time. He was fine except for shower time. 

Sunwoo gripped his sword hilt hard and steadied himself. Chanhee stood calmly as he wield his sword. Youngjae stood in the middle with his hands out.

"1, 2, 3, and fight!" He yelled out and backed away quick. 

Chanhee moved first as he thrusted his sword directly at Sunwoo's chest. Sunwoo dodged it sideways and swayed his sword at Chanhee's legs. Chanhee dodged the attack and the two clashed swords. Chanhee jumped suddenly and hit Sunwoo in the neck with the tip of his sword hilt. 

Sunwoo coughed as he managed to push away Chanhee. Chanhee then looked at him worriedly. 

"Bro, I didn't know you were that bad at swords." Haknyeon said, pulling Sunwoo up. Sunwoo gave him a glare. Chanhee came near to inspect him.

"Nah, Chanhee just caught me off guard." He said, swallowing hard. 

"Whatever you say." Chanhee muttered, rolling his eyes.

"Hello! Good afternoon, how are you all doing!" Namjoon came in unusually more cheerful than usual. 

The twelve boys stood in line as they bowed to greet the professor. Hoseok and Jungkook were with him as well. 

"So, we have a special guest." Namjoon announced, grinning widely. Everyone looked at each other. Namjoon observed for a while. 

"Please do come in!" Namjoon called out. Everyone looked as a man with a straw hat came in, followed by a very tall man dressed neatly. 

Chanhee squinted his eyes as he tried to remember where he had seen that hat before. His eyes widened in realization and turned to Youngjae to tell him. Youngjae was already looking at him, nodding his head furiously in acknowledgement. It was the guy who bought the violet flowers from Chanhee, the one with the weird scar across his eye. 

The three professors bowed his head to the man which the latter acknowledged with a nod. The twelve boys also followed. The man turned his face to them but his face was concealed with his hat being worn so low. 

The man looked at each of them, slowly. His eyes landed on Sangyeon who had his usual calm demeanor. 

"How have you been, Sangyeon? Any complaints?" The man asked. Sangyeon lowered his head further.