Twenty-One

"Everyone, at attention!" Jungkook shouted. Everyone stood straight. Sunwoo followed along lazily, hands by his side. 

Not surprisingly, the gumihos did not follow immediately. Jungkook narrowed his eyes at them.

"When I say 'at attention', then you stay at attention." He said, voice dangerously low. Chanhee looked at him bored but did as told. The rest followed. 

"From now onwards, I want everyone to obey my orders. Why? Because my orders are all related to your training. Every word that comes out of my mouth is to improve and prepare you for a better fight. Listen to me when I am explaining." Jungkook said.

Hyunnjae glanced at Chanhee on his right. Chanhee seemed to be ignoring him. 

"And when I say listen, you listen." Jungkook stood right in front of Hyunjae, the latter oblivious. Hyunjae grinned when Chanhee turned to him. He quirked a brow when Chanhee's eyes flickered to the front.

"Ouch!" Hyunjae rubbed his head where Jungkook had hit him. He looked at him sheepishly.

"Your training starts, now." Jungkook said as he stood in the middle in front of the twelve boys. 

"Your Majesty, there are state matters waiting to be solved. I advice you to check in on-" 

"It's gonna get revised by you anyways, so what's  the point?" The emperor was splayed on his throne and playing with his beads, absentmindedly. 

Minister Lee Byunghyun stayed silent. 

"By the way, how was your daily meetings? Anything I should look out for?" The emperor continued fiddling.

"Of course not, Your Majesty. It is all taken care of. By the way, there has been rumours going around the palace."

"Hmm. And that is?"

"That Your Majesty has been trying to build a secret army." The emperor laughed out. 

"Is that so? Well, do you think it's true?"

"I believe Your Majesty has all the protection he needs."

"You mean being watched under your eyes?"

"Your Majesty."

"I apologize for taking your sons. But I have to admit, they are a brighter bunch than you are. Must be the younger generation stuff."

"Your Majesty, this may cause complications. It may give rise to suspicion from the Mings."

"Only if they know. And they aren't gonna know if no one rats out to them, right? Minister Lee?" The emperor arched a brow. 

"I am merely addressing my concerns, Your Majesty. You already gained plenty of oppositions and you need to build trust with the people."

"Your concerns? I think you are concerned most of my scar, aren't you?" The emperor took of his face mask, revealing the long scar across his right eye. He smirked when Minister Lee stayed silent. 

"You are dismissed." He waved him off. Minister Lee bowed and left. 

The emperor was left alone in the throne room. He traced his scar and thought for a while. 

"Youngho-yah, how's the project coming along?" He called his personal bodyguard who's been with him long before he ascended the throne. 

"They have just begun, Your Majesty." Suh Youngho replied. The emperor nodded, then got up and stretched his arms. 

"Now, since Sangyeon isn't here. Come along with me to the capital. I need some fresh air away from this stuffy palace." He said as Youngho bowed his head.