Not Perfect, But Still Wonderful (No Spoilers)

TW:Asthma

This is a Christmas Special, no spoilers, but it still might be a little confusing for those who haven't finished the series.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ok, over just a little bit, no, no, Adrian, that was too much."

"Ok, left... No! My left!"

Nova and Adrian had just bought a real Christmas tree for their girls' first Christmas.

Growing up, Nova never really had Christmas trees, and Adrian always had an artificial one. Nova always had to rely on the big Tree Decorating Ceremony to see a real-life tree, which is why it was so special to her.

"Nova, I can't move it over anymore."

"Yes, you can."

"No, I mean I need help." Adrian said. "Plus the cat keeps getting in my way."

"OK, well, Ruby, Oscar and Danna will be here soon," Nova said.

Adrian sighed and let go of the tree, which was still very crooked.

Nova sighed as one of the babies started to cry. She rushed to the nursery. The babies were still very, very young. They were born in October (they were preemies); therefore, this is their first Christmas. They still couldn't understand anything, but Nova wanted to be able to tell them that their first Christmas was perfect.

Nova picked up the crying baby, Tala. Tala cried the most. Georgia mostly just laid in her crib and stared at her mobile, sometimes smiling at it, and only started to cry if they let Tala cry long enough that it started to annoy Georgia.

"I'm not saying I have a favorite, but why can't Tala be more like Georgia?" Nova sighed.

Adrian chuckled and started to bounce Georgia, who was smiling. Tala stopped crying and stared at her mother, cooing softly, her hands reaching into the air.

She knew Tala was reaching for her hair, which is why she cut it not too long after the twins were born.

The doorbell rang and Tala started to cry again. Nova sighed.

"I bet that's the others right now," Adrian said, leaving Nova in the nursery to answer the door.

Once Tala had calmed down enough, Nova joined Adrian in the living room, where Oscar and Adrian were moving the tree as Ruby instructed. Danna sat on the couch, eating some cookies Nova had left out.

"Hi, Nova," Ruby said, hugging her friend. Danna waved, not getting up. She was not letting go of those cookies anytime soon. Ruby's new infant son, just a few months younger than Nova's girls, laid in his car seat, which was right next to Danna on the couch. He was asleep, so he couldn't see the huge smile Nova gave him.

"No! Oscar, my left!" Ruby exclaimed. Nova giggled. That was very similar to what she had to go through with Adrian.

Finally, Oscar and Adrian moved the tree enough so it wasn't crooked.

"D you want our help decorating?" Oscar asked.

"Maybe later. For right now, we can just take a break." Nova said.

Because Nova and Adrian helped both Osby and Danna decorate their houses, the others were returning the favor.

"Did you hear that Genissa is spending the holidays in jail?"

"Oh, yeah, I heard. I can't believe she was arrested." Ruby said.

"What was it for, again?" Danna asked.