Asking You Out (Osby)

Ruby and Oscar, though not as awesome as Nova and Adrian, are still an adorable couple and deserve some love, so here goes!

Oscar knocked o the door of his crush's house, a bouquet of red flowers and a suit on.  He had Adrian make him a red bow tie and was good to go.

Mostly. He just had to get Ruby first.

This impromptu date was the result of a joke.

Adrian joked that if Ruby made him so nervous, then to have a date right away so he wouldn't have time to be nervous.

 Oscar thought it was a good idea at the time, but was starting to question the logic.

What if Ruby was hanging out with Danna?

Well, actually, Danna's still in swarm form, but maybe Ruby has to look after her little brothers, of maybe they're having a family dinner, or maybe she's busy.

What if she has another date?

Before he could turn away, Ruby opened the door.

"Ruby?" Oscar asked.

"Sterling said you were at the door like a stalker, so I thought I'd see what you were doing out here," She said. She looked Oscar up and down.

"What are you doing at my door in a suit with flowers?" She asked. 

"I think you know," He said, gulping and thrusting the flowers in her face.  

"Um, thanks, but you could have just handed them to me," She said, grabbing the bottom of the bouquet. Her mother took them to put in a vase.

"Do you want to go out?  With me?"

She blinked.

"Right now?"

He timidly nodded.

Ruby looked a little shocked, but finally smiled and nodded.

"I would love to, Oscar. Just let me get ready," She said. She started to walk away.

She opened the door again.

"You can come in, Oscar," She said.

"Oh, right!" He said, laughing awkwardly and stepping into the house.

"Hello, Oscar," Ruby's mom said.

"Hi, Mrs. Tucker," Oscar replied.

"Are you afraid of us?" Jade asked.

"What?! No!" Oscar exclaimed.

"You were out there for a really long time. Staring at the door. You were starting to creep us out," Sterling added. "That's why Ruby decided to intervene and find out what's wrong."

"I'm not scared of you guys. I'm..."

He stopped. He probably shouldn't tell Ruby's brothers he was afraid of Ruby because they could tell her or use it as blackmail or do anything, really. They're preteen boys with way too much time on their hands. 

Jade and Sterling waited for him to go on, but when he didn't, they shrugged and started up a new round of video games.

A few minutes after, Ruby emerged.

She looked breathtaking.

She had fishtail braided her hair, so the black and white overlapped and added a nice contrast. She wore a red dress that went down to her knees and black tights. Her makeup was minimal, with just mascara and a touch of eye shadow and lipstick, but Oscar thought she looked stunning, with or without it. 

"Where are we going?" She asked, throwing her white purse over her shoulder . 

"I was thinking a nice dinner? And then stargazing?"

"Sounds great," She replied, following Oscar out of the house.

To Be Continued...