Tragedy (No Spoilers)

This only contains spoilers if you haven't read the first book. And if you haven't, what are you doing here?

*Trigger warning: Mentions of explosions, dead bodies, body limbs, etc. May not be suitable for all. Please take caution when reading this*

*This takes place before the First Battle of Gatlon, when there was still no clear leader and the anarchists and renegades were still new and still fighting with each other, years before Nova and Adrian were even born. I imagine, from the information the book gave, that the two teams fighting started long before Nova was born, when David Artino and Alec Artino were young adults*

Gina smiled at Leroy as he delivered the medicine he made.

"Hi, Leroy," She said, putting a clipboard down.

"Oh, hi, Gina," He said.

He knew Gina from high school. She was one of the first people to run to his side when the jocks covered him in chemicals.

"I see you got that job you wanted," He said.

"Yep! First week!" Gina exclaimed.

"Are you still..." She looked to both sides. "With the anarchists?"

He nodded.

"You better watch out. Kelly wil kick your butt if she found out. She's a hardcore renegade supporter and spends every minute trying to become one. She's willingly tried to get herself traumatized before. She's ridiculous," Gina said, shaking her head.

"I know, and I know what Kelly is capable of. I'm keeping my distance. I don't want my butt kicked by someone like her."

"So, I see business is booming," She said, nodding at the box in Leroy's arms.

"Actually, I'm looking for the Chief of Staff. She needs to sign off on this stuff."

"She's in her office. I have vitals to take." Gina said, walking off.

Leroy delivered the boxes.

------------------------------------------------------

He still remembered the first time he saw her.

Gina did not have powers, not even healing powers, but she loved helping people and it was her dream to become a nurse.

The bullies were laughing, throwing punches and kicking him as he curled up in a ball, trying to protect his most vulnerable body parts, such as his face and stomach.

Then, the leader grabbed some chemicals from a nearby table and thought it would be funny to pour them on Leroy. His friends stood beside him as he poured the chemicals. Leroy screamed as it contacted his skin and burned him.

Leroy's eyes were closed, but he heard a loud scream and opened his eyes just enough to see a blur of brown hair run at the bullies and tackle two of them at once. The other two fled.

"YEAH! RUN YOU COWARDS!" his defender screamed. He knew that voice from his history class. "BUT I'LL FIND YOU!"

He felt another person take a rag and start dabbing at the chemicals covering him.

"YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY?! YOUR FACE IS GONNA LOOK FUNNY AFTER THIS YOU DOUCHEBAG!"

Leroy opened his eyes completely to see Kelly Avery, straddling both bullies and taking turns punching each of them. The girl had skill.

He saw Kelly's twin sister, Gina Avery, caring for him.

There was a third person, one Leroy recognized as a friend of the twins, Anne-Maria, frantically dialing the emergency number on her cell phone (911 for the Americans today, but idk what it is for Gatlon).