Nodrian's Quarantine (Nodrian, implied spoilers)

*This takes Place before What To Expect When You're Expecting, but after their marriage. Nova and Adrian are living in a house by themselves. They had just gotten back from their honeymoon a week prior and are being self-quarantined, along with the rest of Gatlon.*

Thank you, @grandesventi,  for this idea!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm so bored!" Adrian groaned.

Nova rolled her eyes as she made little tweaks to her latest invention.

"Read a book,' Nova suggested.

"I read all of them!"

"No, you haven't."

"The only books I haven't read are the ones that belong to you and are about war and weaponry." Adrian replied.

The cat Adrian got for Nova was looking out the window, seated on her cat jungle.

"Even the cat is having fun," Adrian groaned.

Nova kind of liked quarantine. She was an introvert, and recharged by being alone, and she was full of energy because she was never around people anymore.

Adrian, however, was a complete extrovert. He lived for other people. He was not doing well.

Nova knew of this thing called the Coronavirus that her ancestors had to go through. It was very contagious and it killed a lot of people. They had developed a vaccine at some point, and the illness was eradicated.

The illness taking over the world now was similar to the coronavirus.

This sickness also had flu-like symptoms, but the only way to differentiate the two was a rash that came with it.

It killed many, mostly the elderly and immunocompromised, just like COVID-19.

Because of this, the government officials made a non-essential travel ban and only people whose jobs were essential were working.

Nova and Adrian, being renegades, were essential workers, but due to the danger this illness posed, the renegade council were only having a certain number of teams working, usually two at a time, since crime was also not very common right now due to Quarantine, and Adrian and his team had the week off.

"Browse the internet," Nova offered.

"I've done that a million times. Ruby and Oscar stocked up on food, Danna is panicking because she ran out of toilet paper and the stores are all out, Tara and Jesse had to postpone their wedding, and Oliver is hanging out with a dog version of Kennedy because she heard that the illness can't affect animals, thus using her shapeshifting power to be a dog 95% of the time. Their yellow lab seems to be enjoying the company, though."

"I bet she's a cute dog."

"An adorable greyhound. But still. I know what everyone is up to."

"Well it's good we had our wedding before all this started," Nova said.

Nova and Adrian had gotten married a mere month before this illness broke out and put the world into a panicked frenzy.

"That's true," Adrian agreed.

The cat meowed and plopped off her cat jungle and walked into Nova and Adrian's bedroom.

"She's probably taking a cat nap," Adrian observed.

"You should quit bothering me and do the same," Nova said.

Adrian sighed.

"We need sardines. I'm going to the store to get sardines," Adrian said, sitting up from his lying position.