Mothers and Cupcakes (Osby, slight spoilers)

Part 2  to the previous one-shot (this chapter is also for @hannabearOwO )

Mentions of the menstrual cycle. 

Slight Supernova spoilers

I think it would be sweet for Nova to talk to Ruby, girl-to-girl, so there will be some of that, but there will be Osby, too.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Is she ok?" Nova asked Oscar. He nodded.

Ruby's eyes were shut tightly, but she was awake.

"She's awake. She's pretending to sleep but I know her better than that." Oscar said.

Ruby opened her eyes.

"You know me too well,"

"You scared us," Nova said.

"Oscar called 911 and we went in the ambulance with you while Adrian and Danna went to headquarters to tell Hugh and Simon what happened." Nova said. "Danna wanted to come, but she also didn't trust Adrian to drive her car, so I offered to go."

Ruby sat up.

"I'm ok. Actually, Oscar, can talk to Nova in private?"

Oscar looked hesitant but agreed.

"I saw some vending machines. I'll go get us snacks," Oscar said.

He left the room, and Nova sat in the chair he previously occupied.

"So, it's that time of the month," Ruby said.

"I know,"

"You do?"

"I'm a girl. I basically have a sixth sense for that kind of stuff. Plus, I'm about to start, too. Ours have synched up since we spend so much time together."

"Mine are really bad. Really bad cramps. Really weird and frustrating mood swings." Ruby said.

"I don't get bad mood swings, only sometimes, but I get cramps almost every time." Nova said. "So why do you think you passed out?"

"Probably because of the lack of iron. I usually take iron supplements when I'm on but I forget this morning." She sighed. "It's so embarrassing."

"And not your fault," Nova said. "I told Oscar to text Adrian and Danna, so they know you're safe. That's all we care about, Ruby. It wasn't embarrassing for you. It was scary for all of us. You just passed out for no visible reason. We were freaking out. Even me, and you know I never show emotion."

Ruby appreciated how Nova still joked.

Ruby laughed and Nova grinned.

"My first period was pretty weird," Nova said. "My mom died long before that, so I just had Honey. And she's not the best teacher. Up until I met actual girls my age, I didn't even realize it came at roughly the same time every month. Honey didn't even bother telling me." Nova laughed.

"I was at the park, and two kids from my class asked me what happened. And then Danna dragged me to my mother and mentioned a period. My mom took me home and explained what was happening. I'm glad I had my mother and Danna. I can't even imagine what you went through."

Nova just shrugged.

"It was all I knew. But now that I know better, I was missing out. I see how much your mother cares about you, or how hard Oscar's mom works just to make sure she can provide for him. I know Genissa's mom is horrible to other people but I see the way she spoils Genissa and showers her with affection, and I realize that I missed out on all of that."