Delivery (Nodrian, Spoilers)

So I wrote a one-shot I loved before this and when I started to write it, I realized that I would be spoiling my own story, so I had to publish this one first. I think you'll like it.

*This chapter contains spoilers*

*Takes Place After What to Expect When You're Expecting Parts 1 and 2*

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because her belly was currently the size of a baby hippo (an exaggeration, of course), Nova was working full-time in the Artifacts department.

It wasn't the same without Callum.

Tina (Snapshot) was still there, of course, but not Callum.

Nova was mostly doing paperwork, as the thought of making a pregnant woman lift a finger might as well be equal to murder in Snapshot's eyes.

She insisted that she could do more, But Snapshot made her stay seated and not do any sorting or heavy lifting in case there was a dangerous object in one of the boxes.

Genissa came in the room.

"What are you doing here, Frostbitch?" Nova's hormones were not about to let her go easy on Genissa.

She's been insufferable since she got her powers back. She was trying to make her own organization that was basically the Renegades but led by a psychopath. Maybe a cult is a better word for it.

Nova wondered why she was still allowed through the doors.

"Just bringing back a weapon I rented. I made an improved one," Genissa said.

"This is one of a kind. It can't be made again or improved," Nova said.

"I guess that must be what an untalented person might think." Genissa snapped.

Nova rolled her eyes.

"I still can't believe Adrian knocked you up." Genissa laughed.

"I don't like that language, Genissa. He didn't "knock me up", he got me pregnant." Nova said.

The phrase "knocked up" always had negative implications, but Nova was happy she was pregnant. She wanted to be a mother.

Genissa was about to walk out.

"Hey," She paused.

"What?" Nova asked, already exhausted by seeing Genissa.

"Have you seen Magnitude lately?" Genissa asked.

Nova looked up from the paper.

"I'm sorry, Genissa. I haven't," Nova replied.

"Well, if you do, could you tell her that I'm sorry?" Genissa asked.

"You guys broke up when you were teenagers. You're in your twenties now," Nova said.

"I know. And I still miss her." Genissa said.

Nova hated Genissa. She hated Genissa with every fiber of her being, in fact, Nova started the trend of calling her Frostbitch. But she almost felt sorry for her.

"I'm sorry, Genissa, but that's something you'll have to tell her yourself." Nova replied.

Genissa looked down and hurried out of the department.

"Genissa was always a strange one. Seemed more bad to me than good," Tina said.

"She is. But under all that cold selfishness, there's a tiny heart and a shred of humanity."