Family (Nodrian, No Supernova Spoilers)

Only read this if you have finished Arch Enemies. There are slight Renegades and Arch Enemies Spoilers, but no Supernova Spoilers.

PLEASE DO NOT SKIP THIS AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Out of curiosity and in an effort to find out which tags are working the best, I would like you to answer one question for me. Just leave a comment please. Even if you never commented on this story before, please do now, as I would really like to know...

How did you find my story?

Did you see it in the "You'll also like" side bar?

Did you look up Nodrian or another tag name?

Was it recommended by a friend or another wattpadder?

I just want to know which tags are most effective and other ways people are finding this story.

Thank you!

Anyway, to the one-shot!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nova is six years old.

She is crying for her mom.

---------------------------------------

Adrian is eight years old.

He is crying for his mom.

-------------------------------

"Your mom isn't here, Nova. You have to stop crying for her," Ace said, no sympathy in his voice.

Nova was stunned. She lost her mother, her father, and her sister.

And Ace was telling her to suck it up?

"But I miss her," Nova said, remembering her mom. Her black hair, kind eyes, beautiful smile.

"Well, Nova, I don't know what to tell you," Ace said. "Listen to what I'm saying and as anarchists, we can avenge your parents from the renegades, who failed to protect your family.

"Anarchists?"

"Yes. Welcome to my team, my little nightmare."

---------------------------------------

"It's ok, Adrian," Simon said, hugging the small boy. "It's ok to miss your mom and cry for her. She was a good person, and she loved you so much."

"You were her pride and joy," Hugh added.

Simon handed Adrian a pencil. "Who don't you draw a picture of your mom? You can put it in your room and she'll always be with you," He said.

"But it won't make her un-die. I want my mommy back. I don't care about drawing her," Adrian said.

"I know, Adrian. It must be really hard, what you're going through. But if you ever want to talk, Simon and I will be glad to talk through it. You'll always have our support."

------------------------------------------

Nova was ten years old.

The battle of Gatlon was long over.

Nova still missed her mom. She missed her whole family, of course, but there are certain things only a mother can fix.

But she didn't let anybody see how much she missed them.

Honey would only pretend to care. Leroy would tune her out. Winston would be too busy playing his toys.

Nova felt alone and isolated. She was certain no one knew how she felt. Not even Ace. He didn't lose a mother. He lost a brother and a sister-in-law.