Sharing a Sundae (Nodrian, Major Spoilers)

This chapter includes spoilers for all three books.

This is a Nodrian prequel to Cramps and Ice Cream in which Adrian and Nova discover a really good hole-in-the-wall ice cream place.

Also, polls came back. The key tags that were used to find my story was Renegades and Nodrian. I figured as much but I wanted to be sure. It was mostly just something I asked out of curiosity.

Anyway, on to the story!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm bored," Nova said, lying on Adrian's couch.

He was sitting on the floor, sketching a cat.

"What are you doing?" Nova asked.

"Drawing you as an animal." Adrian replied.

"Why is there a dog trying to get Cat Me's attention?"

"That's me as an animal."

"Adrian, we live in the same house now. You're the only thing I pay attention to sometimes. 'Oh, Nova, you haven't hugged me in a minute' or "It's been three seconds since you last kissed me', and my personal favorite 'I'm gonna draw Nova without her consent because she's cute'."

"You are cute!"

"But you have a million portraits of me. It's bordering on creepy. Start drawing your fish."

"At least I don't make the portraits of you come to life," Adrian said.

"That would be even creepier. And if you ever do, I'm breaking up with you."

Adrian chuckled and closed his sketchbook.

"My dads and Max carpooled with Thunderbird to the baseball game, so we can go for a drive and look for something to do," Adrian offered.

"Better than sitting around," Nova said, standing up.

Adrian took the keys from the hook by the door and unlocked the car door.

"Can you believe that they used to use fossils fuels to make these things work?" Nova asked as Adrian adjusted the solar panels. The car used electricity as backup if the sun wasn't out. But luckily it was a beautiful day and the sun would provide them energy.

"Yeah. Almost killed the planet, too. I'm glad they stopped before the ruined the planet completely. We fixed what we could but there's still a lot to do to nurse Mother Earth back to health," Adrian said. (I'm sorry, I am an environment-loving/eco-friendly person and couldn't help myself).

Adrian drove the car around for about twenty minutes. Nova wished that she knew how to drive a car. Simon and Hugh have talked about teaching her, so maybe that's something she needed to ask about again.

"Hey, look at this place," Nova said, spotting a small sign.

It read "Sweet Treats" and nothing more.

"Super creative name," Adrian joked.

Nova scoffed.

"Looks like the bulk of their sweets is ice cream," She said, looking through the windows.

"Let's try it out," Adrian said, pulling into the parking lot.

The place was small, and when Nova entered, it gave her a before-the-first-battle vibe. Before war completely took over the city.

"It's been open since 2010," Adrian said, looking at a sign.

"Wow. That's pretty old," (I always thought the Renegades took place in the future, so 2010 would be old for them).