Different Choices (Supernova AU)(Spoilers)

* Contains Spoilers*

When I looked through my comments to find this particular recommendation, I found more recommendations that I haven't done, but I still stand by my decision to end this book, as I have a job and I have less free time than when I was in college, I am not quitting writing, and I am not becoming inactive, but I cannot possibly write this book and also write Restoration at the same time. So I am sorry if I did not see your requests. However, that being said, I still love Renegades and who knows, maybe I'll revisit my one shots in the future and decide to write more. But for right now, this is the final chapter.

This is a recommendation from silverfrost1007, one that they recommended a long time ago but wanted to save for last since it was such a unique and big idea.

So I am so sorry it took so long, but here it is.

"I had a recommendation for a one shot. I was wondering if you could do one where you could kind of twist the ending of arch enemies into one where Adrian finds out that Nova is nightmare, and Nova brings the helmet back to ace and then they're on opposite sides of the war. Just a suggestion"

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Adrian had to be quiet. If his dads knew he snuck out to sneak into the relics room, he'd be toast, even if he was helping the Renegades.

He got out of the house, and breathed a sigh of relief.

He unzipped his tattoo and became the Sentinel, ready to give the Renegades an upper hand in the war.

He quietly snuck into Headquarters. It was closed and locked, but when you can just draw a door, there's really no problem there. Adrian drew a door that was just big enough for him to go through and materialized the doorknob.

He was in headquarters.

He walked to the relics room, not worrying about being quiet anymore, because there was no one there.

As Adrian opened the door to the relics room and was surprised to see a figure there.

They had a hood over their head and was holding Ace Anarchy's helmet.

The two looked at each other.

The figure tried running past Adrian, but as they ran, Adrian pulled the hood down.

The girl looked at him.

It was Nova.

Adrian paused.

"Nova?" He asked.

"The Sentinel? What are you..."

Adrian changed back to his regular self.

"Adrian?"

"Nova? What are you – oh my god, you're Nightmare? Danna was right? All this time? I thought she was just being paranoid but...."

"I'm sorry, Adrian," Nova said, and ran off. Adrian tried running after her, but he was too distraught to match her speed.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Adrian went home and woke his dads up. They would know what to do.

It was early morning when Simon and Hugh gathered all the other living members of the Renegade Council and had an emergency meeting.

"So Nova is Nightmare?" Simon asked Adrian. Adrian nodded, and felt like his blood was turning cold, like somehow he had betrayed Nova's trust, when she was the betrayer.