Flu Season (Osby, no spoilers)

Hey, readers.

So I'm pretty sure I have a cold.

Cold and Flu season is fun, huh?

Anyway, I can't miss my classes, so that's also fun.

So as I suffer, I also decided to think about happy things, like the lengths Oscar would go to when he found out that Ruby had a cold.

You know he so would. He has a caring soul.

Anyway, it's almost 1am at the time I am writing this and I have been having insomnia, so if there are grammar mistakes or spelling mistakes or typoes please forgive me. I also don't bother to edit, ever, so... Yeah. Sorry in advance.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Oscar opened the door, making Mrs. Tucker jump.

"I heard Ruby is sick. Is she ok? Oh, I'm too late, aren't I! RUBY! YOU WERE TO YOUNG!"

"Mom, what is Oscar talking about?" Ruby asked from her room.

"Ruby! She's still alive! RUBY!"

"I was just heading out to grab some medicine and run a few errands. Could you take care of Ruby while I'm gone?" Mrs. Tucker asked, putting her coat and scarf on.

"Of course, Mrs. Tucker," Oscar replied.

Oscar rushed to Ruby's room. She was cozied up in bed, tissue boxes and cough drops scattered around her.

"Sterling and Jade both had the flu last week, and I caught it," Ruby said. "Don't come closer, you'll just get sick."

Oscar came prepared in case and tied a black bandana around his mouth.

"Do you need anything? Like water? Or tea?"

"No. I'm actually kind of tired. I think I'm gonna take a nap," Ruby replied.

Oscar sat in a chair next to her bed.

Ruby shut her eyes and Oscar picked up a book and began reading it.

An hour later, Ruby woke up. Mrs. Tucker was still out running errands.

"Your mom called and said she was caught up in some traffic, but she just has to get groceries and then she'll be home," Oscar said, putting the book down.

"Do you think you could grab some water for me?" Ruby asked, yawning.

"Of course," Oscar said.

He grabbed a glass of water for Ruby and then came back.

"Where's your grandma?" He asked.

"We didn't want her to get sick, since she's elderly so she's staying with one of her bingo friends until everyone in out family is not contagious. I'm thinking my mom will get the flu soon but my dad got the vaccine so after my mom she'll probably come back."

"Why didn't you get the vaccine?" Oscar asked. "They gave all the renegades an opportunity for a free vaccine. And if you missed that, Tara, from the Renegades fan club, was giving out rides to the clinic for all the renegades."

"Since my blood is... weird, I don't get vaccines because the doctors don't know how my body will react. I usually just rely on herd immunity. It didn't work this year because my mom never had time to get my brothers vaccinated before it was too late. Were you vaccinated?"

"No. My mom always needs the car. I begged her to get another one, but we can't afford it. I never made it in time. I got to the clinic a few minutes after they closed. Kinda glad I missed Tara's car ride. According to Danna, one of the members of the Renegades Fan Club has a band who sing about the renegades and that's the only music she would listen to. It got old after the third song that talked about how amazing the Renegades are." Oscar said, laughing.