Nodrian Wedding (Spoilers)

*Contains slight spoilers*

UK readers - Has Supernova come out in the UK yet?

------------------------------------------------------------------

Nova looked at herself in the mirror.

She never thought she'd be doing this. Doing normal things. She thought Ace would have a hold on her forever.

But he's dead, and she's getting married.

Adrian asked her for her hand about a year ago, and though he was nervous and admittedly had second thoughts, she accepted.

Now, she was glad she did. She couldn't imagine a life without him.

But then again, she was so afraid that if she blinked, that this would all turn out to be a dream and it would be over, and she would find herself in the dark tunnels she used to live with the other anarchists.

She was shaken back to the present by a concerned Ruby.

"Nova? You had a weird look on your face," Ruby said

Ruby and Oscar were engaged, but it's only been for a bit and they weren't even close to finishing up their wedding plans.

"I'm fine. I was just thinking," Nova replied as Danna rushed in and out. She was the designated messenger for Nova and Adrian, since it was bad luck for a groom to see his bride on the wedding day before the wedding. They even slept in separate rooms last night. Nova didn't believe in all that, but she humored him because she loved him.

Evie was circling the room in her crow form, trying to find Ruby's earring that she had dropped when she was getting ready. When Nova found out that Ruby had dropped her own earrings, Nova insisted on putting her earrings on herself.

Evie cawed, swooped down, and turned into a human and handed Ruby the earring.

"Great, thanks Evie," Ruby said, putting the earring on. "Having a bridesmaid wearing only one earring would be kind of weird."

"I'm not sure anybody would notice. They'd be too busy waiting for Nova," Danna said, appearing in the doorway.

"That's a good point," Ruby agreed.

"How is Adrian?" Nova asked.

"They're going to be a little late. They made the mistake of having Leroy pick up the Ring Bearer pillow and now it's burnt through from acid, so Adrian called his dads and they're looking for the one they used at their wedding."

"Ok, I know that sometimes Adrian and Oscar forget that Leroy has chemical powers, but you'd think Leroy would realize..." Ruby muttered.

"But other than that, we just need to finish your hair and we'll be all set," Danna said, grabbing a hair curler as Ruby stood on standby with rubber bands.

"Why can't we use ponytail holders?" Nova complained. "The rubber hurts."

"Yes, but they're less noticeable," Ruby replied.

Danna did Nova's hair in an elegant updo.

"You look beautiful," Ruby said.

"I'm sure if mom were here, she'd be so happy to see you getting married," Evie said. Evie didn't know much about their mom, but she knew that Nova wanted to hear it.

"Thanks, Evie. I think you're right."

Evie was still getting used to the name Evie, and Nova was the only person she let use it. Everyone else had to call her Maggie.