I Always Have! (Surprise Ship, Implied Spoilers)

Hey, everybody.

This one is for krazykitty5536. She wanted me to do a Nova/Danna pairing and I said I'd try my hand. By the way, shoutout to @Dodooo12345, your comments on Truth Or Dare literally made me laugh so hard. Thank you!

I'm all for gay ships, but I never shipped Nova and Danna because Marissa never really hinted at anything going on between them. Plus I might be in love with Danna and might have some jealousy issues even though they're fictional characters.

What? I didn't just admit I have attachment issues to fictional characters.

No, not at all.

Anyway, the confession quote and the title of this is pulled from one of my all-time favorite ships, Catradora, from She-Ra and the Princesses of Power.

As krazykitty already knows, I wasn't even sure if I would post it because I wasn't sure how good it will be, but I think it's good enough to be worth posting.

This takes place in the future, after the battle and all that. In this timeline, Nova and Adrian hadn't had children yet.

So, here goes nothing.

----------------------------------------------------

Nova was still grieving.

It had been a year since Adrian had died young and Nova was widowed. She was only 25.

Now all she was left with was an empty house and a mean cat.

The cat was an engagement gift from Adrian.

Sometimes Ruby and Oscar came over. They were newly married.

Nova liked their company but they couldn't bring Adrian back. Danna came over sometimes, too, but not as much as Ruby and Oscar. Nova mostly just saw her on patrol.

Most of the time, Nova just sulked in her living room, wishing she could have done something. Anything.

Nova was brought back to the present when she heard a knock.

She thought it was Max. He had come by almost every day and grieved with Nova.

Nova slowly got up and opened the door.

She was surprised to see Danna.

"Danna? I thought you, Ruby, and Oscar were going bowling." Nova said. They had invited Nova, but she didn't want to go. Not without Adrian.

"Yeah. Well, after you declined on coming, I knew I needed to see you to make sure you were ok." Danna replied.

"I'm fine," Nova stated.

"No, you're not. You have bags under your eyes, your hair is matted, and you look like you haven't eaten in days," Danna replied.

Nova blinked. She couldn't remember the last time she ate an actual meal instead of a handful of chips and a glass of water.

"Nova, I understand you miss him. And your feelings are valid. But he would want you to take care of yourself." Danna said.

"I know. But everyday it's a little harder to go on without him. I lost my husband, Danna. It took a while, but I finally realized that he's not coming back. And a life without him isn't worth living."

"Nova, don't you dare say that," Danna said. "Have you..."

"No. I considered it, though." Nova replied. "But I'd have to leave my cat. And she already lost Adrian, I don't want her to lose me, too."