I'm Sorry (Nodrian)

Tw: this one shot is sad and may be upsetting to some readers. Please exercise caution when reading this.

Nova looked at the glass jar with guilt. Danna's monarch was fluttering around, becoming restless.

"I'm sorry," Nova said. "I really am. But I'm so close. You'd understand if you were me."

The butterfly landed upside down on the lid.

"What are you doing?" Honey asked, coming in to fix her hair.

"Um, mocking Danna," Nova lied.

"Serves her right for being a renegade," Honey said, adding a bobby pin here and there.

"They're not evil, Honey. Just misguided. They don't understand that anarchists are just trying to make people more independent,"

"Are you seriously sympathizing with them? I thought you were better than this, Insomnia," She teased. Hearing Honey say "Insomnia" instead of "Nightmare" felt a little like a slap in the face.

"I'm just saying , Nova, they had choices." Honey left, and Nova sighed.

Outside, Adrian was following a swarm of monarch butterflies.

One of Danna's butterflies had been flying by a day earlier and saw one of it's kind trapped in the jar. The butterfly assumed it was the last butterfly needed to change Danna back.

"This is Nova's house," He said, and then remembered that Danna couldn't hear him in swarm mode.

The butterflies flew up to the window, and then down to Adrian.

"So, you think Nova knows where the butterfly is? I mean, I don't think so but I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask."

He was about to knock on the door when the butterflies stopped him.

Then, they formed in a ladder formation.

"Wait, sneak in through the window? No, that's stupid," He said, about to knock again.

The butterflies stopped him again.

"Ok, fine! But it Nova's uncle gets mad at me, I'm blaming it on you."

He drew a ladder out of the paneling and pulled it out, making it real and tangible.

He climbed up. He noticed Nova, whose back was turned to him.

He then saw Danna's butterfly fluttering inside it's glass prison.

It kind of reminded him of Max.

His heart broke and he opened the window.

Nova turned around when she heard it, and before she could do anything, Adrian ran across the room and took the lid off of the jar.

Monarch's swarm joined together and there stood Danna.

"Nova, what is the meaning of this?" Adrian asked.

"Adrian, how..."

"I followed the butterflies," He said, just as Honey came in.

"Nova! What happened?!"

"Wait... Are you Nightmare? Was it you all along?" Adrian asked.

"Nova, put them to sleep," Honey commanded.

Nova wanted to, but she couldn't bring herself to do it.

"Nova!" Honey barked. Danna said nothing as she handcuffed Honey.

"We're bringing you to the council," Danna said as Adrian handcuffed Nova.

"I'm sorry," Nova said. "I'm so sorry."

Adrian just turned away and called for backup, since Leroy was still downstairs.

"I can't believe you lied to us like that," Danna said. " Looks like I was right to be suspicious."

Nova hung her head in shame. Not only did she let down her Uncle Ace, but she let down Adrian, too. He was perhaps the only one who loved her all this time. The anarchists were never really her family. They just used her to push their agenda.

Captain Chromium and the Dread Warden arrived soon after, and captured Leroy.

All three anarchists were put into prison and awaiting trial.

Adrian wanted to visit Nova. He really did, to get her side of the story, but he never did.

He never saw her again.

Please read the following paragraph...

Ok, this was definitely not romantic, and I apologize. It was supposed to be and then took a dark turn. But honestly, I kind of find the one-shots where she reveals herself and her and Adrian go on to live happily ever after kind of unrealistic. How would you feel if you found out the person you loved was lying and cheating all this time? You wouldn't just forgive and forget, would you? So, anyway, here is a depressing one-shot. Also, you might keep getting the sad one-shots unless you have prompts to request because I literally have no ideas and kind of write how I am feeling and I've been feeling sad lately, mostly because Supernova doesn't come out until November. SO PLEASE COMMENT REQUESTS! I NEED IDEAS!