Soundwave's Revenge

Oliver woke up to the sound of his phone ringing.

It was 6 am on a Saturday. Who was calling this early?

He looked at the caller ID and rolled his eyes.

Soundwave.

He answered the call, still lying down and exhausted.

"Jesse, it's six in the morning."

"Yes! And the headquarters just opened! Adrian comes in at eight, so if we want to get revenge, now is the time!" Jesse exclaimed.

"What? Jesse, no," Oliver said. "This is my only day to sleep in. You know I coach the little league soccer team Sunday mornings."

"You can take a nap after! It's Adrian's team's turn to work Saturday and I want to make it as miserable as possible!"

Oliver, though sleep deprived, had an idea.

What if he could combat Soundwave's every attempt at sabotaging Adrian?

That's how he ended up at Renegades Headquarters at 6 am.

"What practice room do you think they'll use?" Soundwave asked as Maple (they were referred to as their superhero names because they're in uniform) took a huge sip of his coffee.

"I don't know, man," Maple said, already exhausted.

"Come on, Ollie! It's gonna be fun!"

"I have to deal with screaming six-year olds tomorrow. I don't want to deal with you acting like you're six years olds today," Maple replied darkly.

Soundwave just chuckled. "I know you're kidding!"

"Hey!" A voice said.

Maple turned and was face-to-face with someone he didn't know.

"My name is Tara, and I am vice-president of the Renegades Fan Club." She flashed what Maple though looked like a coupon but was so quick he couldn't be sure.

"Our dear president is at work today, dealing with the Karens of Gatlon. So she sent me. Someone tipped us off and told us that you would be getting revenge on our dear, sweet Sketch," Tara said. "And I'm sorry, Soundwave. I love you, I really do, but I can't let you do that. Sketch is very much loved within our club."

"Hmmm. I wonder who tipped them off," Soundwave said, turning to Maple, who just played dumb. "Sketch is loved by everyone. Nobody ever loves me." Soundwave added.

"Your mom is a psycho. You're surprised?" Tara asked.

"How do you know that?"

"The fan club knows all." Tara said, not elaborating.

"Anywho, lucky for you, you're my favorite. So I'll let you off with a warning." Tara stated.

"But you'll understand if we have someone discreetly guarding Adrian this week. We already have volunteers. If you're mad, take it up with the president. She'll be guarding Adrian with our youngest member, Stacy, on Wednesday at..."

She looked at a clipboard "4pm to 8pm."

"Good day, sir."

At that, she stayed on a bench and waited for Adrian. Looks like she would be the first guard today.

Maple silently thanked Grocery Store Girl (GSG) for telling her club.

Then, he went back home and went back to sleep.