Perfect First Date (Osby)

This is a continuation of the last one-shot.

Nor Oscar or Ruby had a form of transportation, but most places in Gatlon were within a walking distance.

"Ruby?"

"Yeah?"

"How long was I really standing out there?" He asked.

"About twenty minutes. My mom was starting to worry about you. She thought you were sick or something," Ruby replied.

Well, so much for not making a fool out of himself.

"What took you so long?" She asked.

"So long to what?" Oscar replied, confused.

"Ask me out! I would have done it myself but I wanted to see you squirm," Ruby explained, laughing.

He playfully elbowed her.

"Well, Adrian said I should ask you on a random date. Gives me less time to overthink things," Oscar said. "I was just beginning to think it was a bad idea and go back home when you opened the door."

"I think it's kind of cute that I make you so nervous," Ruby said.

"It's that obvious?" Oscar asked.

"It's so obvious, Oscar, to the point where I knew you liked me. Usually everyone knows but the couple involved. But I knew," Ruby replied.

"I just get so nervous around you. You're cool, funny, kick ass, fierce... You're just so intimidating, especially to awkward guys like me."

"You don't have to be afraid of me. I'm not going to make fun of you or anything. Even if things turn bad, I'm still your friend, and we'll always have that, whether you like it or not."

Oscar looked at Ruby, who was smiling. He smiled, too. 

Oscar had noticed that they were getting closer to their destination, a fancy french restaurant where Oscar's mom knew the owner, so they get discounts. 

About 100 feet later, Oscar stopped at the door.

"Oscar, isn't this place super expensive?" Ruby asked.

"Yeah, well, the owner is a family friend, so we get a small discount," Oscar replied.

"Wow," Ruby said. The place was fairly new, the building made of gleaming marble. 

Oscar opened the door for Ruby, and she walked in, staring at the interior, which was as pretty as the outside. The walls were beige and covered in fancy paintings of wine and flowers. Each table had a vase of lilies in the middle, and tea lights were floating in the middle of the vase. The lights were dimmed, and the general ambiance was very warm and inviting.

"Hey, Oscar!" A waiter exclaimed. He wore a button-down shirt and black slacks. Because the place was so fancy, the waiter's and waitress's uniforms had to be, as well. 

Oscar waved.

"Let me get Lola. She can find a table for you," he said. 

A few minutes they were seated in the waiter's section. 

"That was David. He's the son of the family friend." Oscar explained to Ruby. "I might have mentioned I'd be coming here tonight with you."

"You must be Ruby! Oscar always talks about you. If I hadn't known better, I would believe you two were already an item!" David said.