Girl Power (Slight Supernova Spoilers)

Hi, everyone. This one-shot is one I am very proud of. I think it's fun and it was fun to write. But, it's not one of my favorites, for once.

It does contain spoilers for Supernova, so if you haven't read Supernova first, please wait to read this.

I am a big advocate in equality among all genders (not just men and women, but non-binary, transgender, etc), but this one-shot is about our Renegades girls taking control. I am not in any way making women seem stronger than men, nor am I ignoring the many other gender identities there are besides men and women. This is just meant to be fun and empowering.

So please enjoy!

Takes place shortly after Supernova. Slight spoilers.

-----------------------------------------------------

"I can't believe Oscar and Adrian both called in sick," Danna said.

"Adrian's been watching this old show from 2018 called She-Ra and The Princesses of Power. He finished it last night and claims that he is too emotionally fragile to come in." Nova explained.

"Well, Oscar ate some sushi yesterday at dinner and it didn't sit well with him. He got food poisoning. He was up all night throwing up." Ruby said. "So I guess it's just us girls this time."

The girls were supposed to be doing night watch.

Ever since everyone got powers, there's been a spike in burglaries and minor crimes due to people using new powers to steal stuff and do minor crimes (I know the ending of Supernova implied that villains were no longer a problem, but that doesn't mean minor crimes weren't still being carried out. I mean, Evie was going around stealing broaches).

"Night watch is so boring," Ruby groaned. They stood on the roof of Renegades Headquarters.

"Well, lets make it fun. Think of it, how often do we get to work with just us girls?" Danna asked.

"Once in a great blue moon," Nova answered.

"Right!" Danna exclaimed.

The girls were silent.

"Seen any good movies lately?" Ruby asked.

"That new action movie is pretty good," Danna said.

"I liked that one scary one." Nova replied.

"I thought that action one was weak. No gore whatsoever."

"You like the gory action movies. I do not," Danna replied.

Ruby's phone rang.

"Crap!" She exclaimed. "I forgot to put it on mute."

She answered it.

"Hello?" She asked. "Oscar, I told you to call your mom if you needed anything. I'm at work."

Ruby sighed. "No, Oscar, I have not seen your Steven Universe box collection..."

"I told you to stream it like a normal person!"

"Check in the closet..."

"I can't! I'm not home!"

"Oscar, call me when there is a real emergency."

Ruby sighed and hung up.

"Oscar likes to watch this really old tv show from 2013 when he's sick. The problem is he put it away from the last time he got sick and can't remember where he put it." Ruby said, putting her phone on silent.

The three women heard their wristbands beep.

"There was a suspicious sighting by the bank," Danna said, reading the alert. "They couldn't make out the criminals, though."