Osby's Wedding (No Spoilers)

Shoutout to @NovaArtin0, thank you so much for your votes!

No spoilers

------------------------------------------

Nova and Danna fawned over Ruby as she stuffed herself into her wedding dress.

"It fit a few months ago when we got it tailored." (Remember in Telling the Friends. Ruby was pregnant before she married. Also, there is no shame in that).

"I know. It's so weird," Ruby said (Ruby doesn't know she's pregnant at this time).

With the help of Ruby and Danna, they managed to zip up the dress. It was snug, but Ruby decided it was fine. She wasn't that uncomfortable.

Ruby's mom came into the room, sniffling, and sobbing. When she saw how beautiful her daughter was, she began sobbing harder.

"Mom, it's ok." Ruby said.

"I'm so happy for you. My baby is getting married," Mrs. Tucker said between sobs. "And you're leaving me with Jade and Sterling."

Ruby chuckled at this; they could be a handful sometimes.

"You have dad and Grandma," Ruby offered. Her mother scoffed at this.

"The officiator wanted me to tell you it was almost time. Are you ready?"

"Yeah," Ruby replied.

"Wait a minute," Nova said. "Ruby has something old, her earrings. She has something new, the dress, and something blue, the flowers. But she doesn't have something borrowed."

"Well, I wasn't really going to follow that anyway..." Ruby started.

"No, no, Nova's right," Mrs. Tucker said, "I did that for my wedding and I think it's cute."

Mrs. Tucker took her necklace off. The necklace was just a chain with a silver heart pendant at the bottom, but it wasn't too bulky and it didn't drag attention away from her dress.

"My God," Danna said. "It's like you outfit is complete."

"Yeah, the necklace really made a difference," Nova agreed.

Ruby walked out. She stayed behind the wall separating the wedding area from the entrance (I know it doesn't make sense but I'm tired so use your imagination).

The flower girl, one of Ruby's little cousins, would go out first, then, the ring bearer, Jade.

Then, Adrian and Nova, Danna and Scorpio (who was actually good friends with Oscar), and then Mrs. Tucker, Sterling, and Ruby's grandmother.

And then, lastly, Ruby and her father.

The music started and they began to walk.

Once Ruby's dad saw that the trio were about to sit down and the music started to the wedding march, he took Ruby's arm and led her down the aisle.

Oscar's eyes lit up as he watched the love of his life walk down the aisle. Ruby's father gave her away, giving her a hug and a peck on the cheek before he joined Mrs. Tucker on the first row, who was sobbing. He patted her back, spilling a few tears himself.

Oscar's mom sat on the other side of the area, a tissue clutched in her hand, and a few tears running down her face.

Ruby handed her bouquet of blue flowers to Nova, who stood behind her with Danna. Adrian and Scorpio stood behind Oscar.

Ruby and Oscar held hands.

The officiator said his piece, but Oscar and Ruby stared at each other, barely hearing them.

"Ruby Tucker, do you take Oscar Silva to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do," Ruby said, tears in her eyes.

"And Oscar Silva, do you take Ruby Tucker to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do," Oscar said, also with tears.

"By the power vested in me through the city of Gatlon, I now pronounce you husband and wife! You may kiss," The officiator stated.

Ruby gave Oscar a soft, chaste kiss.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Mister and Missus Silva!" The officiator announced.

The people cheered.

The wedding goers went outside, ready to greet Oscar and Ruby with bubbles as they ran out of the building.

Before they ran out, Ruby and Oscar shared one more kiss, this time, in private.

"I love you, Oscar," Ruby whispered.

"And I love you, Ruby."

---------------------------------------------

I love weddings.

Anyway, this is one of the ideas I had that I decided I needed to start working on so I can finally end this story.

I thought about making this kind of a funny one, where everything that can go wrong does go on, but I love Osby and I didn't want to do that. I will probably write a Nodrian wedding one-shot, too.

My sister got married a little earlier this year, so I do admit that I got a little emotional when writing this. It was so beautiful, despite the pandemic. She couldn't invite many people or have a reception, so we're doing that next summer.

You guys probably don't care about that.

Anyway, thanks for reading!