What To Expect When You're Expecting: Part One (Spoilers)

*Contains implied Supernova Spoilers*

Dedicated to Adrian_nova_forever (for some reason it won't let me tag the user)

Prompt: "I was wondering if you could write one where (in the future) nova is expecting and surprises Adrian on there anniversary as a "gift" ?"

Due to all the research I did, I'm pretty sure my laptop now thinks I'm pregnant. But please never put me in charge of a child. I can barely take care of myself. Also, I've never been pregnant, so I tried my best using research but no experience.

I am telling you right now that I was super excited to write this. Thanks for the request, and please, keep them coming!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nova held the test in her hands.

The pink plus sign blurred in and out of her vision.

She would have to quit the renegades for nine months and maybe then some. Adrian and her would have to move. She would be a mother. He would be a father.

The baby would turn her life upside down.

And yet, she was excited.

Adrian and Nova, though married for about a year, weren't actively trying, and honestly, it was almost always unprotected, but still, conceiving a child had never seemed like a very possible situation to them.

At first, she was constantly tired, though her sleep schedule remained the same. So she dis things like cut down caffeine and eat healthier. It didn't work, but Nova decided it wasn't a big deal and kind of just let it fix itself.

Then came her mood swings. She was sad, irritated, and/or angry, like, all the time.

One time, Adrian was eating a nice meal he had cooked for the both of them.

But Nova couldn't enjoy her meal because Adrian's fork kept scratching the plate.

Adrian did this all the time, and it hadn't bothered Nova until recently.

"Adrian, please stop scraping your fork against the plate," Nova said finally.

"Oh, sorry, Nova. I didn't know it bothered you," Adrian said.

Nova looked at him.

He didn't even put up a fight.

"What?" He asked.

"You're just... You're so nice," She said, tears pricking in her eyes.

"Nova, are you ok?"

Nova shook her head and continued to eat.

Then, a few hours after dinner, she and Adrian were watching a movie, and the cat that Adrian had gotten her as a wedding gift curled up next to Adrian.

Nova stared at the cat in dismay and started to cry.

"Nova, sweetie, what's wrong?"

"The cat likes you more than she likes me," Nova sobbed.

"Nova, that's not true. The cat hates me."

"Then why is she curled up next to you?"

"Trying to find my weak spot and make me let my guard down," Adrian replied. "She's had it out for me. She knows I'm a... dog person." He whispered the last two words.

When Nova didn't smile, Adrian knew something was wrong.

There were other, similar instances. Something small Adrian did made her irritable, or she was angry at him for small things, or she started to cry for the smallest of reasons. Not only did they happen, but her mood also changed weirdly fast. Like, one minute she'd be crying, and the next, she was ready to sucker punch someone.