The Trials (Part 1, No Spoilers)

Hey, guys, I am back in action! 😊

It has been a rough couple of weeks, but I think my writer's blocks is coming to an end.

So, as a celebration, I thought I'd write the request that actually motivated me to write.

So thanks, @idek_lol357, I appreciate it. This chapter is dedicated to you.

maybe you could add some drama like it's the trials again and there is this really cute guy that might like nova but nova doesn't like him back and Adrian gets jealous....idk

For obvious reasons, this chapter is very similar to chapter thirteen in the book Renegades so I would like to reiterate that this world and all the characters belong to Marissa Meyer. I own nothing. If I owned it, I definitely would not be working at a grocery store.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Adrian loved Nova.

Well, he didn't love her.

He liked her. At the Renegade trials. She did amazing.

Which is why it irked him when another team hit accepted on their tablet.

That simply wouldn't do.

Adrian knew the guy. His name was Soundwave, and he could do some stupid stuff with his voice that like, deafened the villain for a few minutes because of a high frequency his voice could produce on command.

He's seen the guy in action and honestly, not impressed.

He was the leader of his team.

He had three other team members.

The second-in-command was Magnitude. She could make metal items gravitate towards her hands, which came in handy when she attracted something like a dagger or other weapons, sometimes out of the villain's grasp. She also had a strong throwing arm, for throwing said items at the villain. That being said, she had to wear gloves all the time so that metal items couldn't come to her when she wasn't using her power, and she always had one glove on during attacks so that she could actually throw the metal items instead of them sticking to her hands. Growing up as an Asian-American, her parents put importance on her cultural identity, so they signed her up for karate, and that certainly helped with her fighting abilities.

And then there was Lightsaber. She could turn her hands into lightsabers, but only when provoked, and as much as Adrian hated that team, her had to admit her power was really cool. It was like a reflex that only came out as a defense mechanism. Not much is known how Soundwave and Magnitude got their powers, but Lightsaber is very open about it. Her parents used to be part of a gang. They were Hispanic and during the Age of Anarchy, the only way to stay safe was by banding together with your own. However, when her parents had her, they decided to risk being alone because they didn't want their daughter to be around that. In retaliation for leaving, the gang attacked her family when she was eight, and then Lightsaber ran to protect her parents and her arms turned into Lightsabers, probably because of her love for Star Wars. And today, both her parents are still alive, thanks to her.

And then there was Maple. Sure, his alias was stupid and not really well thought out, much like the guy himself, but his power was useful. He could shoot sap from his palm and trap the enemy in a glob of sticky syrup, or even just shoot it at the enemy's shoes and keep them stuck there for as long as it took backup to get there. However, Maple was about as smart as maple syrup, which is to say, pretty darn stupid. Maple was nothing special. He was born with his powers.