Bloody Noses (Nodrian)

Adrian wished his wall slam gave him amnesia.

Why?

Because he did the absolute stupidest thing he could do right in front of Nova.

It started as a normal training day. Oscar was acting all cool, Ruby was acting like she didn't care and Danna was fluttering around, still stuck in swarm mode. Adrian and Nova decided to duel, since Adrian was getting really good at it. 

It started off great. Adrian was doing all the moves that Nova taught him and he was only disarmed once. 

Then, things went downhill.

Ruby had accidentally lost one of her ruby weapons on the floor when she was fighting Oscar.

Adrian stepped on it, and slipped, running straight into the wall.

His nose started to bleed and Ruby and Oscar were staring.

Adrian glanced around for Nova but she was gone.

Probably outside the arena laughing her butt off because she saw it all.

Ruby sat there with a hand over her mouth, trying not to laugh. Oscar was holding onto her arm, trying not to laugh at all. Danna's butterflies all started opening and closing their wings in rapid succession and knew that it was her way of laughing. Danna would be the only one not to hide her laughter, which, honestly, Adrian kind of respected. 

"Where did Nova go?" He asked.

"Your nose is bleeding and your lip is busted and you're worried about Nova?" Oscar asked in disbelief. At this, Ruby couldn't hide it and burst into laughter. 

"She... left..." Ruby said in between chuckles.

"She had this really nervous look on her face," Oscar added.

Adrian opened the door to see if she was, indeed, laughing in the hallway, but he didn't see her.

"She probably ran out of here so she could laugh without hurting my feelings," Adrian stated.

"Adrian, she looked really nervous. I'm not even sure she saw your wall slam," Oscar replied. 

"She saw the slip, but didn't see the slam," Ruby clarified, no longer laughing. 

Nova burst into the room, her legs crossed for some reason.

"Um, Nova?" Oscar asked.

"I'm fine," She replied. "Sweet rot, Adrian, what happened?"

"Um, I fell in a totally manly way," He replied.

"He slipped and slammed in the wall," Ruby said.

"I saw the slip but wow," She said. "You busted your lip and your nose is bleeding a shocking amount."

"Right, does anybody have a tissue?" 

Nobody moved.

"I have something that might work," She said sheepishly. She went over to her practice bag, legs still crossed, and pulled out a tampon.

"When you don't have tissues you have to be resourceful," She said, putting the object in his nose for him.

Ruby started laughing again, Adrian knew he looked funny but she could have at least tried to stifle it like she did when he slammed into the wall.

Nova had a full face blush and wouldn't make eye contact with him.

And then it hit him.

So this one-shot is a bit more light-hearted! I also understand that this subject might be a little weird for some readers, but I am a full believer in working to make periods less taboo so I tought I'd mention it lightly in this one, but warning, the next one-shot will be in Nova's perspective so if this content makes you uncomfortable, feel free to skip it, but please don't stop reading this story altogether. I like seeing the number of views rise. So yeah! If you have a prompt you want me to write feel free to comment it or message me and I'll try my hardest to make a story with it.