Reunion (Major Supernova Spoilers)

Major Supernova Spoilers

You don't have too but reading one of my earlier one shots, Support, before this might help make this one shot more meaningful.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Adrian sat by Nova in the park.

"Why'd you take me here?" Nova asked.

"I remembered how you said you lost everyone. The thing is, you didn't. I found someone who I think you'll be really happy to see."

As soon as Adrian finished his sentence, a figure appeared from behind a tree, with another figure.

"Leroy?" Nova recognized the man immediately.

"Nova!" He said, hugging the girl, but not too tight, due to the acid.

"This is my sister," He pointed to the woman next to him. "Matilda. We were estranged after I became an anarchist, but I recently got back in touch. She's a single mom with a son and she was still nice enough to let me stay at her house until I got back on my feet."

"It's what sisters do," Matilda said.

Matilda didn't seem like she had any powers, but ever since the night of the battle, everyone does, so Matilda's powers must not be visible. To be fair, most peoples' aren't.

"After the fall of the anarchists, I didn't see an anarchist anymore. I saw my baby brother, who needed my help."

"I'm gonna give you some time," Adrian said, walking away. He found his friend, Oliver, and gave Nova and Leroy time to catch up.

Nova took one look at Leroy and let out a small cry.

"I didn't think I'd see you again," She said, shaking her head.

Leroy sat next to her. Matilda stayed standing, giving the two some space.

"I never left Gatlon. I just laid low. I didn't go out much, and when I did, I wore a trench coat and a hat."

"They're not really worried about anarchists anymore. Or villains, for that matter," Nova said, remembering what Hugh had said.

"Well, good. Maybe I wont have to wear this trench coat in summer anymore."

Nova smiled.

"Sometimes, I feel really bad. I killed Honey. I killed my only mother figure."

"But Honey wasn't really a good mother, was she?" Leroy asked.

"I guess not," Nova replied.

Honey didn't really care about Nova. She just took care of Nova because she had to.

All those years, Nova had lived in hiding. She was never able to be a kid. She was fed anti-renegade propaganda. Ace had killed hundreds of people. And she was blind to it.

"I knew, Nova," Leroy said.

"Knew what?"

"That you had fallen for Golden Boy over there."

Adrian was tossing a ball to Oliver while a small crowd of people watched.

An intense game of catch?

"Honey knew, too," Nova said.

Leroy nodded. "That's why she gave you that little talk before the gala."

"She wanted to kill him. What was I supposed to do, Leroy? Let her?"

"No. Everhart didn't deserve to die. I know why you did what you did. And I don't blame you."