The Trials Series: Adrian (No spoilers)

This is how I imagine Adrian's trials went. I will be doing this for every character except Nova. This is all fiction and absolutely no part of this is canon because Marissa has not elaborated on how the trials went for any character except Nova.

I know what you may be thinking: Kennedy, isn't Adrian a team leader? Are we even sure he had a trial?

No, we're not sure. But I imagine, to become a leader, he had to prove himself one way or another. I'm sure he had some kind of trial.

I have included Maple (Oliver) because I wanted to offer some background to the friendship between Adrian and Oliver.

---------------------------------------------------------

*The characters are at a Leader's Only Audition*

*They are sixteen, takes place two years before the books*

"I'm so excited," Maple said.

"You're my friend and all, Oliver, but are you sure you have what it takes to be leader?"

"Of course I do! My mom was a renegade and a team leader until the accident. I'm just like her!"

Maple was nothing like his mother. They didn't have the same power and his mother was much smarter than him.

Adrian shrugged.

He knew the arena was small. He also knew only special people were allowed in. This is the Leader's Trials.

Adrian's dads didn't give him special treatment. They said that he must audition like the rest of the team leaders had to. He stood behind a girl named Luna with Maple behind him. Luna had an interesting power. She was short and small, but she was fierce. Her parents knew she was different when she was born because she came out with silver hair, kind of like an anime character. Her parents named her Luna because her hair color made them think of the moon.

Several months later, when she was sleeping in her crib, her mom came to check on her and realized that she was emitting a blinding white light. She was auditioning because her light could blind enemies and proved to be useful in combat. If she weren't auditioning to be a leader, Adrian would have asked her to join his team.

Well, his future team. With only one member. Himself. He'd have plenty of chances to get new members once he established himself as a leader.

"My buddy, Jesse, thinks I'm so cool. He has powers, too. But he's only fifteen so he can't join the Renegades yet.

Adrian and Oliver knew watch other from school. Adrian always admired Oliver's sense of humor, but the kid wasn't very smart. He also thought he was more team member than team leader. But he wasn't about to insult his friend.

When Luna was confirmed to be a leader, Adrian entered the arena.

The council was there, sitting in large chairs, like gods on Mount Olympus (Percy Jackson was my first serious fandom, so I had to reference the Greek gods at some point). Adrian saw a small group of teenagers who were wearing blazers and button-down blouses. One even held a notebook. They wore fake news station lanyards with fake IDs. He knew they were fake because the oldest girl didn't look a day over sixteen. He wondered how the council let them pass.

There was a group of healers, ready to step in if things went awry. There was another small group of older team leaders who looked to be middle-aged and have probably been a leader since the beginning. And then of course, real news people. Adrian admitted that the fakers were convincing. The real news people looked just like them, just older.