Prolouge

"Remember you're just like everyone else, Cordelia" My mum says.

I survey my surroundings. Children dragging large trunks with owls atop of them, Children running into walls and disappearing, Children waving wands around nonsensically.

How is it i'm still as ordinary as I was before I got my acceptance letter?

"I know mummy" I mumble

I hear auntie and uncle telling Lily to write as soon as she arrives at Hogwarts. They want to know everything and anything she can tell them about the magical school.

"Shall I write you a letter when I arrive?" I ask hopefully.

Mum shakes her head, "Only write when it's necessary," she looks at my fathers old owl utterly repulsed, "ruddy bird is a menace."

Oh mother, please just say goodbye so I can be on my way. I'm so excited mother, please don't ruin this too.

"Ready, Deails?" Lily's melodic voice chimes.

I turn and face her, "God, yes." I mouth

I wrap my arms around my mom tightly, she hugs back with twice as much force. Dad used to say loving mum was easy; Despite all of your decisions it will never be your choice to love.

I wholeheartedly disagree, every single second a choice is to be made. Why choose to love someone who makes it painful? What about love makes suffering easy?

"Bye mum, I love you." I pull away and follow Lily towards platform 9 3/4. I'm not sure if she said it back or not. She must have, right?

We board the train we'd seen so many times in our wizard history books and search for an empty compartment. On our quest, we bump into two boys.

One with striking blue eyes, little round glasses and curly raven locks. The other with sandy brown hair, hazel eyes and a bar of chocolate in hand.

"Well, who might you be?" The first boy asks. His eyes are practically glued to Lily.

"Lily Evans," she smiles wide, "and this is Cordelia my cousin."

"Wicked! Both of you are named after flowers?" He asks.

"Cordelia is not a type of flower." The hazel eyed boy and I state at the same time.

The first boy either didn't hear our correction or didn't care. "I'm James Potter and this is Remus Lupin," he pats Remus on the shoulder, "but you can just call us your future husbands" He smirks.

Remus blushes and picks his at nails as he looks at the floor. They have dried blood around the edges and his cuticles look raw. 

I giggle at the comment but Lily doesn't seem so amused.

"Lovely. Come on Cordelia, maybe we can find Severus." She pulls me by the arm.

I roll my eyes. Yes Lils, sitting around a mopey, greasy git will be more fun that talking with the energetic and attractive boys.

"Bye James! Bye Remus! Maybe we'll catch you at the sorting!" I call over my shoulder.

James shoots me a grin and a thumbs up while Remus waves with a tight lipped smile.

What a peculiar lad.

What'd you think ?

TELL ME WHY I HAD THIS TITLED AS EPILOGUE FOR SO LONG. EMBARRASSING ✋🏻.

Lmao I rewrote the whole chapter anyways.

Thanks for reading loves 🤌