Cigarette daydreams

"Funny how it seems like yesterday. As I recall you, you were looking out of place. Gathered up your things and slipped away. No time at all, I followed you into the hall. Cigarette daydream, you were only seventeen. So sweet, with a mean streak. Nearly brought me to my knees,"

We all gathered in a tight circle on and around the couch. Starting from my left it goes Amos, Lily, Dorcas, Marlene, Alice, Frank, Sirius, James, Peter, Remus and Iris at my right.

"So," Iris begins, "the rules are simple. On your turn you have to pick between Veritaserum or dare. If you decline both you have to drink."

Everyone nods eagerly and insist we start the game. The party is still in full swing but no one has dared to try and chat with us. Benefits of sitting around the most popular people at school, I guess.

"Birthday girl you're first," Iris states mischievously, "Veritaserum, drink or dare?"

I groan, "Veritaserum, might as well start this game off on an interesting note."

Iris pulls out a vial with a little pipette to distribute the potion. She places two drops on my tongue and the bitter taste vaguely reminds me of lemon juice.

"Cordelia, who is your favourite person?"

Without a second thought I blurt, "Amos."

Amos looks down at me with a cocky smile while Iris looks mildly offended.

"But, I love you just as much Iris."
I really didn't even know Amos was my favourite. I've never thought about which of my friends I like better. Though I do have my moments where I feel closer to him.

"Sounds like you've been waiting to get that off your chest, Evans." Sirius instigates.

I feel the couch cushions shift as Amos straightens in his seat, "Mind your tongue, mate." He warns lowly.

Sirius rolls his eyes.

"Thanks, Diggy." I whisper

"Don't mention it," he stretches his arms out settling one on my shoulders, "i've got to keep my spot as your number one."

I smack him on the arm lightly for his arrogance and turn my attention back to the group.

"Potter," his head snaps up, "Veritaserum, drink or dare?" I ask.

"Dare of course." He scoffs

"I dare you to go the rest of the game wearing Lily's cardigan."

Alice, Marlene and Dorcas all cheer and clap. James stands up with a smirk and stares Lily down as he unbuttons his shirt slowly. Lily's cheeks are as red as her hair. She hands him her small pink cardigan and the fabric strains against his muscles he's accumulated from years of quidditch.

From there the game only gets more and more intense.

Frank was dared to play seven minutes in heaven with Alice, from which they still haven't returned. Peter kissed Dorcas, Sirius is wearing Marlenes bra and Lily is now incredibly drunk because she refuses to answer any questions on Veritaserum.

"Remus," Iris says, discretely sending me a smile, "Veritaserum, drink or dare?"

Remus sways slightly in his seat with a warm smile. I've never seen him so carefree before.

"Um, I think i'm already properly smashed sooo... i'll go with dare." He answers.

"I dare you to whisper something dirty in Delias ear." She challenges.