Master of none

"We run our fingers together. You know it's easy, the devils plan. On your own, but you cannot call me your own. Jack of all trades, master of none. Cry all the time 'cause i'm not having fun."
_________________________

re-written ;)

REGULUS BLACK

Fuck.

I trail behind Maxwell and Alice as our trio heads to our first period. To say that i'm angry would be an understatement. My moment with her yesterday plays on constant repeat in my head. The fucking nerve she has to say the shit she said. In my mind, our situations don't even come close to comparing. Cordelia Evans is a mess of a girl who's life got turned upside down, but she can manage it if she tried. Yeah? I assume she also has a family who loves her.

I, however, am forced to join a fight that is not just mine. With no support at that. I do not have a family who loves me. Fucking abuse is a common occurrence in my house; and anyone who might've cared or could've helped, has left anyway.

"Fuck," I groan as yet another first year runs into my shoulder. The crowded hallway is far too constricted and I tense every time someone brushes past my shoulder.

Alice slows as she turns to me, perhaps to check if i'm still present. The couple has been chatting to themselves with me trailing behind them.

"Reg, c'mon, we'll be late to class at this rate." Alice groans. I don't respond, keeping the same pace as before. Alice holds her hand out towards me, as if she's going to drag me along with her. "Come on Regulus." Her hand brushes mine before I use my wrist to push her away.

"Holy fuck Parkinson, I didn't tell you to walk with me you know. We're not bloody toddlers, we don't need to supervise each other. So just walk with Nott alright?"

"Alright she just said she doesn't want to be late. Calm down, huh?" Maxwell says, taking Alice's hand. "Come on Allie, just go," Alice nods, throwing me a sympathetic look before continuing on with Maxwell, hand in hand.

I begin to mutter a stream of profanities as I continue after them. The fact that Alice has the fucking audacity to pity me even when i'm a downright cunt to them angers me. I don't want her pity, I want her to fuck off, to leave me to my own isolation. Before I can get too much into my anger, my thoughts come to a halt as I feel another harsh blow to the shoulder, knocking me backwards slightly as my gaze falters from where Alice and Maxwell once were.

I look down and see a disheveled Cordelia sitting beneath me, groaning at the impact. She looks different today. Even less collected than she usually is. Her usual mess of curls is tied up into a messy knot on the top of her head, a few loose strands brushing her high cheekbones which flush as she looks at me. She looks a fucking wreck. But she looks good. Like she's just been fucked. My lips part as I take in the girl I tower over, the girl I dominated.

From the corner of my eye, I make out a figure peering around a corridor.

Watching me.

Watching us.

Watching her.

I scoff wryly to myself when it clicks.

The reason she's running.

Clearly, she saw him.