More than a woman

"Girl, i've known you very well, i've seen you growing everyday. I never really looked before, but now you take my breath away. Suddenly you're in my life, part of everything I do."

JAMES POTTER
TWO WEEKS UNTIL BALL

The courtyard is filled with students in their free period. The wild wind has stopped and settled, it's a perfectly calm winter day at Hogwarts, but not for long.

I glance over Remus' shoulders and see Snape sitting amongst Patrick Parkinson, Maxwell Nott and Regulus Black. Not to come of harsh but, just a bunch of Death Eaters in training if i'm being honest.

"Do you think we should only aim for Snape?" Peter asks.

"You lot are a hazard to society," Remus mutters, shaking his head.

"But not cowards," Sirius chimes, "We're gonna get them all,"

Remus nods hesitantly, "On three," he whispers, as he peers around the tree we're hiding behind. I nod and Sirius and Peter do the same."One, two,"

"Three." A stern voice says from behind us. We're met with the intimidating glare of Lily Evans. All of us stand silent as she looks at us expectantly. She's supposed to be in class right now. I smack the back of Petes head lightly, this is the last time i'll ever let Peter coordinate a prank.

"What are you doing? You're supposed to be in class," Sirius reprimands.

She gawks at him for a moment, "I'll have you know, i'm running a quick errand for Mcgonagall. Now what the bloody hell are you doing?" Lily looks me dead in the eye.

I laugh. Scratch the back of my neck. "Oh come onnnn. Love, it's almost break! We won't have many opportunities like this left to prank."

"And that's fine," She huffs, "But I thought you agreed to stop pranking Sev-Snape!"

"I didn't," Sirius says, turning on his heel and drawing his wand.

"Padfoot, no!" Peter yelps.

It's too late. I can see the commitment behind his eyes. "SERPENSORTIA!" Sirius shouts.

At least twenty snakes appear at the Slytherin's feet.
They scream and shake as Sirius makes the pythons dance up their legs.

I can't help but release a chuckle, to which Lily smacks me on the head. Peter goes to take a peek at the scene but trips over one of the tree roots. Falling directly into the eye line of the people Sirius just pissed off immensely.

"YOU!" A voice booms.

Remus, Sirius and I all jump in front of peter instinctively. Wands drawn as the green group advances on us. All but one—Regulus Black— are still trying to shake off the snakes.

"You lot still think this is funny?" Snape rolls his eyes, "This obsession has officially become old,"

"Much like your obsession with a certain redhead." Sirius notes.

Snape's eyes move to Lily as she slinks back behind the tree.

He points his wand at me.

Maxwell points his wand at Moony.

Parkinson points his wand at Wormtail.

Regulus points his wand at Padfoot.

"Answer him." Regulus speaks lowly to Sirius. "You think this is funny?"

"A bit."

"Blood-traitor." Regulus snaps, eyeing the two of us in disgust.

"Mummy's boy." Sirius says.